What's new

Should MDC be in my 5 pack

hear a lot of praises for it.

SV and MDC are both on my list. Might actually start looking at them now that I'm about done buying up all the GEM's in the country.

camo

I love MdC and it is my favorite soap. However, there are many good soaps out there that are nowhere as expensive. Of the ones you mentioned, IMHO, Tabac is one of the best buys.

I really like it. Out of about 20 samples I bought it's been my favorite so far. Even bought a big container and going to track usage to compare cost per shave of a couple different soaps.

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_095422.jpg
    IMG_20200321_095422.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
A&E soaps are definitely great. I'm just not a fan of the scents I've sampled. MdC is fantastic, so yes, please try it. I think you can get samples at places before you plunk down the money required.

MdC is really nice, but will not be making me kick my Tabac to the curb anytime soon. I have not tried the other brands you mentioned, so cannot comment there.

hear a lot of praises for it.

SV and MDC are both on my list. Might actually start looking at them now that I'm about done buying up all the GEM's in the country.

camo
i would just get MDC and forget the SV for now. although a good soap but the MDC cannot be beat. its a unique soap that, i believe everyone that owns a shaving brush, should have. if you have many soaps in your rotation, i recommend you get the small size, so you dont sit on it for years until it goes bad. it will probably outlast all your other soaps. this soap makes all of my other artisan soaps seem like droopy eyed, armless children. as far as performance goes. scents are subjective. i happen to enjoy the agrumes scent, although nothing to write home about. very subtle. however this is a plus for me. im not into soaps with strong overbearing scents mixing in with aftershave scents or cologne. if your into soaps with pleasing scent, try eufros soaps

Last edited:
I’ll be the naysayer, I use all of the ones you listed except for Tabac and have some MdC as well; out of all my soaps it gets used the least.

It’s a good soap, I just think SV, DG and M&M are better by a large margin.

As always YMMV, but it’s in a box in my closet and I don’t see it coming out any time soon.

MDC is right in the middle of the pack within my top ten. I think it is absolutely better than Tabac, whose performance is great but fragrance off putting to my nose.

TOP 5 (in order from 1-5):

- Sebum
- SMN
- Long Rifle
- Eufros
- Nuavia

6-10 (not in order):

- Stirling
- MDC
- Haslinger (tallow...discontinued)
- Ralph Lauren Safari (discontinued)
- I Coloniali Mango (discontinued)

Vr

Matt

Just to mix up the thread a bit how would you guys rate this 5 pack: PDP, Valobra, Haslinger, MWF and Stirling.

Anthony

I have narrowed my next buy to either Nuavia or MDC but leaning towards Nuavia blue, I know it won't last as long
but I just want the best plus a nice container.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I have narrowed my next buy to either Nuavia or MDC but leaning towards Nuavia blue, I know it won't last as long
but I just want the best plus a nice container.
The Nuavia container has changed. It’s just a glass jar with tin lid (same as MdC). The MdC will last much, much longer.
image.jpg

MdC Fougere or Original is on the June Purchase Order.

BTW your avatar looks like the kiddie pool at our complex.
The mallards that nest nearby have just returned.
Deja Vu all over again.

Top Bottom