What's new

Should I get palmolive shave cream?

The green one with palm extract. I don't think I can get the menthol one here.

There's also one for sensitive skin. But that doesn't really interest me.

So far I've been spoiled by the slickness and cushioning of omega and godrej menthol. How does the palmolive cream stack up against these?

All the Palmolive creams are fantastic. They smell nice, they lather great, and they’re so skin friendly. You can’t go wrong.

Rick

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I have the Palmolive in a green tube, which comes in a green box, and I am a fan. I started with the Palmolive shave stick, and liked it well enough, but I'm a bigger fan of the cream. Just a little dab will make a nice thick and slick lather. I squeezed out some in a little sample jar to take on the road with me...it's faster and easier for me to lather than some soaps and sticks depending on the water; but the Palmolive cream doesn't seem to care much about the hardness or softness of the water, it just lathers it's heart out. I highly recommend....just in case you couldn't tell. ;)

Palmolive classic green tube (German version) is my best cream ever ( yes i have tried Musgo, Mem, Tobs, Cliven, Proraso and others) I can also recomend Florena if you could find it.

I think it says made in EU. Is there a difference?

There are 2 varieties made in India, the lime and regular.
Sorry I just read your post again, the green and mentholated ones are European. I’ve tried the Italian one, good cooling and slickness but not as good as Godrej.

There are 2 varieties made in India, the lime and regular.
Sorry I just read your post again, the green and mentholated ones are European. I’ve tried the Italian one, good cooling and slickness but not as good as Godrej.
So it's not as slick as godrej? I really like godrej and omega a lot.

The green one with palm extract. I don't think I can get the menthol one here.

There's also one for sensitive skin. But that doesn't really interest me.

So far I've been spoiled by the slickness and cushioning of omega and godrej menthol. How does the palmolive cream stack up against these?
Short answer: yes, buy it. You wont regret it.

I just bought a tube of the classic. I think it's the EU version.

I have not used it yet but uncapping it gave a strong whiff of laundry detergent scent and it reminds me of arko. I hope it doesn't stink like it.

Well, I just used it.

It's pretty decent. The slickness and cushioning were great. I'd say it's pretty close to omega and godrej menthiol.

The downside is the scent. It's got the laundry detergent scent like arko but a lot more subtle. When applied on face, it's hardly even there.

Post shave feel is also quite decent. It made my face feel rather soft and supple. But then so do omega and godrej.

One thing I don't understand is why there's alcohol denat in the sensitive version but the classic does not. Alcohol does burn the face at least a little so it makes no sense to have it in the sensitive version. So it sounds counter intuitive to me.

To be clear, this is the one I bought and it's made in EU.

palm-olive-for-men-classic-shaving.jpg

My nephew has the Palmolive Classic and the Palmolive Sensitive which I bought him and he says they’re both terrific. He told me he finds both creams to be identical, except for the scent.

Rick

My nephew has the Palmolive Classic and the Palmolive Sensitive which I bought him and he says they’re both terrific. He told me he finds both creams to be identical, except for the scent.

Rick

So does the sensitive have the laundry smell?

Top Bottom