What's new

shopsmith mark 7

anyone have any comments on this machine..

http://www.shopsmith.com/markvsite/index.htm

proxy.php

looks like I can pick up a used one if i can haul it...

I'm from around Dayton, OH where these originated. They are quite popular in the area. I always wanted one. I've always heard good things about them.

I am drooling. It's one of the best all-around tools you could possibly have for a shop. Oh! Oh! Oh! The woodwork you could do! And, it would also be valuable for restorations, as well. It takes a bit of time to change over to all of the available functions, but it's not really a big issue.

The variable speed is dynamite!

Global Dev:

Grab it as quickly as you can. There are not a lot of things that cannot be doone on a Shopsmith and your price is superb! I can see you startiing a side business turning custom shaving brush handles! :thumbup: Great score.

Don

i am going to have to see if it can fit in my blazer or find a friend with a pick-up... ahh, if only i didn't have so many bills!! at least all of my shaving addictions have quieted over the past couple of days....

U

Utopian

If you can figure out how to take the headstock off the rails, then it's easy to take it apart and haul it even in a car. I've done that with three of them. Yup, I've got three of them.:yikes:

Top Bottom