What's new

Sherry

Little help here. I have this excellent crab soup recipe, but it needs sherry and I have no idea of which one to buy to use in it. any and all advice would be appreciated.

Marty

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Since you'll be cooking with it, I wouldn't go for an expensive one that's meant to drink straight, such as an Emilio Lustau.

Go to the local likker store and grab a house brand. Whatever's left over can be used to deglaze pans, and will last months.

The sherry shouldn't be the predominant flavor in your soup, so don't sweat it.

Unless you like sweet I would recommend a dry sherry. Don't worry about the brand as was mentioned in the previous post. All my years in the restaurant trade... you do not cook with expensive wines, period! Those you consume with good company. Enjoy your crab soup.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Unless you like sweet I would recommend a dry sherry. Don't worry about the brand as was mentioned in the previous post. All my years in the restaurant trade... you do not cook with expensive wines, period! Those you consume with good company. Enjoy your crab soup.

A few years back I was invited to dinner by someone who had prepared beef bourguignon. They used a 1er cru Chambolle-Musigny in the stew, and served a bourgogne (albeit a Leroy) with the meal.

Talk about having it *** backwards!

The House of Lustau is the way to go. Choose a dry oloroso, which is a good choice for cooking. Keep the Pedro Ximinez for an after dinner treat.

Top Bottom