What's new

Shavingessentials.net! WOW!

I've got to add some praise for this place, too. I had a very pleasant experience ordering from them. I am very impressed and will be going back for sure. (Probably to get MWF as they sent me a sample to get me hooked...)

Dave

I'll pile on here as well. I ordered a puck of D. R. Harris Marlborough shave soap, and 2 days later I had a box in the mail with not only the soap, but samples of 3 other soaps (MWF, Ogallalla Bay Rum w/ Sandalwood, Valobra Crema di Sapona Almond) and a sample of lightly mentholated AS balm. These guys truly know what keeps people coming back, and now they've got another one hooked. I don't want to talk them up too much, because I worry that sometimes we raise the expectations too high, and some people expect maybe too much. But I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these guys to anybody.

Agree to all the comments wholeheartedly. They are actually the first place to ever send me samples which really took me by surprise. I also got a handwritten note which was a great personal touch. I will order again from them.

I have to throw in my opinion now as I received my first order from John & John yesterday.

I'd originally chosen ShavingEssentials because of their price on MWF. (I can admit it -- I'm a cheap b*****d.) Added in several other soaps for fun, and was MORE than pleasantly surprised when my box of goodies came three days after placing my order.

First of all, there was a personal note thanking me for my order. Next, everything was wrapped so securely not even the shipping monkeys could mess up my stuff. And finally, there were several different samples including Ogallalla Bay Rum w/ Sandalwood, Trumper's Lime shaving cream, Booster splash, and a wonderful AS balm.

John & John -- you guys have my business for life. When I get this kind of personal service, saving a buck no longer means as much -- and the prices at SE are comparable and often better than other vendors.

Thanks!

I placed an order for some booster samples and some Russian Bear Oil. From the email correspondence even prior to my order, i was blown away how friendly and charming these guys are. They are true gentlemen and go to great lengths to offer a very friendly and personal service. Hand-written note was very much appreciated, as was the generous inclusion of great samples! I'm in the process of placing another order and would recommend these guys to anyone. They are my first port of call for American supplies, and even though their prices are unlikely to be beaten, they will still remain my first preference, even if they become undercut in price by another vendor.

Thank you John and John!

Dave.

Just got my Booster samples yesterday and a bottle of Royall Lyme. Very impressed. They added a few samples to the order and a handwritten note which really impressed me! I will be ordering again.

Thanks to all! It is fun to work with this community!

We really appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if we can do more.

Many thanks,
John Cr.

Just got my Booster samples yesterday and a bottle of Royall Lyme. Very impressed. They added a few samples to the order and a handwritten note which really impressed me! I will be ordering again.

Yep, got my package today. Real first class service, some freebies/samples along with my order. Great place. I will return!

I just want to add my praise for John and Shavingessentials also. I placed an order this morning after reading this post the other day and looking them up.

I sent an email regarding international shipping and they apologised for being slow to reply even though the reply came the same day! That's certainly not slow at all. And best of all the shipping costs to New Zealand were exceptionally reasonable.

I ordered a puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat which I have been wanting to try for a while. That and shipping to here worked out to be $35NZ which is excellent value. They also said they would include samples which is a nice bonus!

Buying from overseas is always a bit of a risk since I am so far away but I will certainly be using them again in the future I hope.

Simon

Top Bottom