What's new

Shaving time

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'm around 10 minutes for a 3 pass shave, WH, balm, clean up. I'm retired and don't really care, that's just how long it takes me.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Taking @camoloc's advice, I can get my two-pass SR shave out to about 40 to 45 minutes while sipping a cuppa. Have to rework the lather a bit, but that only increases the enjoyment.

Taking @camoloc's advice, I can get my two-pass SR shave out to about 40 to 45 minutes while sipping a cuppa. Have to rework the lather a bit, but that only increases the enjoyment.

yeah......now that's what im talking about!!!!

reworking lather means one more opportunity to smell the Rose's again!

camo

10-15 minutes here. 2 DE passes plus touch up and rinsing between each pass. That is soup to nuts lather to walking out the bathroom door.

You guys are fast. I've never really timed myself before so I did for my shave this morning. From the point where I start to soak the brush (Connaught Omega boar) until I walk out of the bathroom, it took me 23 minutes this morning. I used Stirling Lime soap, bowl lathered, 3 full passes (WTG, XTG, ATG) plus touch up, cold water rinses in between each pass. Application of alum, clean up the hardwear and sink, cold water rinse. Application of witch hazel, let it air dry and apply aftershave (Pinaud Clubman Lime Sec). I'm sure I can do it quicker and I'm sure I've taken longer. But this is probably representative of approximately how long it takes me to shave typically. Sometimes I'll do a 2 pass shave and I wonder how much time that might shave off my time. I would bet it would put me closer to 15 to 17 minutes. And today's shave was weeper free as close to BBS as I can get (lower left side of my neck is impossible).

I don't time my shaves. I'm in no rush, and I like to listen to music when I shave, so 5-6 songs is what I usually get through... and they are not just quick 3 minute songs, so I figure I take at least 25 minutes, which is fine.

Top Bottom