What's new

shaving soap recommendation

Hi all i have been using proraso for quite some time and i am looking for an upgrade to that. Nothing too pricey but certainly an upgrade from proraso, currently i have my eyes on stirling. Any thoughts ?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Proraso is an exceptional shaving soap, at a very affordable price, and has been around for many years for that very reason. Try others by all means to add a bit of variety, but I am not sure you are getting much of an upgrade. I suggest Arko!, Tabac - tallow if you can get it, and Mitchell's Wool Fat.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razorock "The Dead Sea" nice unique herb clean scent with excellent lather qualities. 8.5OZ
Razorock " Santa Marie del Fiore" nice Vanilla + light tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities. 8.5 OZ
Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice light mint scent + Lavender with excellent lather qualities. Tube 5-6 OZ

There are so many great choices out there. I'm not sure what "too pricey" means as that is a moving target. Here are some great soaps that I think you should try in no particular order other than what popped in to my head:

Tabac-If you don't like the scent you'll have no trouble getting rid of it.
Haslinger
Chiseled Face
Noble Otter

Stirling
Chiseled Face
Captain’s Choice

I have had good results with these brands and honorable mention goes to:

Razorock it’s another great affordable brand

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Upgrade from Proraso? No such thing. Proraso is top tier. I’m not sure why it seems to not be as popular these days except maybe people are lathering it wrong. But anyway, until you’ve tried all three soft soaps, the Blue cream, and all the Single Blade creams, there’s plenty in the House of Proraso to explore.

Stirling is also great. Veteran-owned. Lovely young couple. And they make a fantastic product at a fantastic price. Can’t beat it! If there’s a popular cologne you like, Stirling probably has a soap based on it. Get that. And if not, just start with Sharp Dressed Man. Or Barbershop. Stirling sells very generous sample pucks pretty cheap, so it’s real easy to try half a dozen (or more) at a time and pick out some favorites quickly. Pro tip: order some lotion or bath soap for the wife with your order. :thumbsup:

Almost everything will be better than proraso imo. Its extraordinarily overrated imo. Bodyshop Maca Root and Aloe Vera cream is like $2 more expensive and significantly better in every way except for scent. I really like the green and red scents and bodyshop just smells like your typical citrus-marine bodywash.

Southern Witchcrafts make fantastic soap with very unique scents. I recommend purchasing some samples.
80BDFC59-8EF2-48B9-B0E1-9E2EDBBE413F.jpeg

Top Bottom