What's new

Shaving on camera?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve done it in the past. Feel kinda silly for it now. I know there are thousands of people that enjoy that sort of thing. Making shaving videos and watching them. I’m just not one of them. I’ll admit I’ve watched a few to better understand the basics when I was first starting out with a DE. But it was really frustrating skimming through 10 minutes of yee haw to get to 30 seconds of actual instruction.

So I’m afraid if I made a video actually worth watching I would be feeding in to the same blah blah that I don’t like about shaving videos. Or basically 90% of any video on YouTube.

No, I would not wish to have anyone suffer through a home-made shaving video of mine. Shave videos don’t interest me beyond the few I watched initially to learn the basics.

I have no desire to appear on video shaving. I rarely watch a video except when asked to critique one. However, if a video is more than 15 minutes I have zero interest.

My sons (both in their 20's) want me to make video's, but I've declined so far. Maybe one day, when I think I have something to add.

Once in a while, I'll watch a video if it's reviewing a particular product I'm interested in, but I'm
usually bored out of my mind after about five minutes. And I have no desire at all to post a video.
But, .... I really like the shaving scene in Hitchcock's "North by Northwest." -- Does that count ? LOL.

I'm not really comfortable on camera. I'm more of a writer myself. But an idea struck me recently. I was listening to a few people talk about how many successful people combine 2 or 3 dissimilar interests to create something new. I'm pretty good at personal finance, and I was just getting ready to start coordinating a Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class at our church when the pandemic struck and all in-person gatherings were canceled. I was also thinking about the few wet shaving YouTube channels I still watch and why I watch them.

I had the idea that maybe I should create a YouTube channel where instead of rambling about random thoughts or current events, I give personal finance tutorials instead. It will probably never happen, as I'm pretty busy in my free time working on my blog right now, but never say never.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Once in a while, I'll watch a video if it's reviewing a particular product I'm interested in, but I'm
usually bored out of my mind after about five minutes. And I have no desire at all to post a video.
But, .... I really like the shaving scene in Hitchcock's "North by Northwest." -- Does that count ? LOL.

That scene is hilarious. Was that minuscule DE razor a thing? Or was that a prop for comic effect? Reminded me of the tiny cell phone in Zoolander. Love the look the SR shaver gives him. Thanks for sharing and because someone is shaving on camera I guess it counts.

Classic!! In every sense!! :a29:

Top Bottom