What's new

Shavette And Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) group

How does it shave this model with a half de?

This version should accept injector blade, shouldn't it? If you have an injector blade, can you give it a try pls?

Razor shaves very well. Is of good (very good ?) quality. Unfortunatelly today's Rockwell blade was mediocre.

Sorry, don't have injector blades. I believe it does dot fit. And I do not know any injector shavettes.

Have attached some pictures of razor with blade.

1716025174946.jpg
1716025486146.jpg

Last edited:
How does it shave this model with a half de?

This version should accept injector blade, shouldn't it? If you have an injector blade, can you give it a try pls?

@Halfbeard has one of the good, older versions of this razor. I recently bought a couple of backups and they were not the same.

The head design was similar but had obviously come out of different castings and was lower quality overall with hardly any blade exposure, so it needed a very steep shaving angle. Too steep to be usable for me.

I wouldn't recommend these razors at the moment - if you get the "old" design it's great, but if you get one like the ones I recently received you will be disappointed.

@Halfbeard has one of the good, older versions of this razor. I recently bought a couple of backups and they were not the same.

The head design was similar but had obviously come out of different castings and was lower quality overall with hardly any blade exposure, so it needed a very steep shaving angle. Too steep to be usable for me.

I wouldn't recommend these razors at the moment - if you get the "old" design it's great, but if you get one like the ones I recently received you will be disappointed.
Thank you @Goblin for your feedback. Come on man, pls try the feather Dx razor. If you can't I can help you by trying it for you. Just let me know.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Razor= Weck Med Prep
Blade= Personna
Brush= ANBBAS synthetic
Soap= Sterling Mountain Man
Aftershave= PAA Doppelganger Grey

Another wonderful Weck shave.

2 passes WTG, ATG, with some touch ups on the neck. The shave was almost BBS. No irritation, wheepers or stinging from the alum or Aftershave.

20240520_182840.jpg

Ac DX clone shavette with Kai Protouch (16th).
Proraso Green
Nivea Deep and Denim AS
Yaqi Rainbow brush.

I though that the blade although sharp became a bit harsh on skin at my last shave. I read in the forum about stropping the blade on a towel. I though let's try. I gave 15-20 laps before the shave and between the passes. Maybe it was placebo, but the blade was smoother and I got an excellent DFS shave. Let's see how it goes.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I have bad memories of weck when I began using a shavette three years ago as an unforgiving razor. I have to try it now thanks to @Dave himself. It is a bit difficult to source it again from USA though.
Check eBay mate I've had to ship all my Wecks from the US. You could buy one with the guard on it and see if that helps. I would also try and get a Sextoblade or a Med Prep they are bigger than the Hair Shapers and not as awkward to shave with.

I tried to insert an injector razor to my beer halfblade de razor from Aliexpress and it fitted with some adjustment. I haven't shaved with it but I don't see any problem that it wouldn't work. The test will be next week. If it works, I got another reason to buy a backup of this razor.

PXL_20240525_104157178.MP.jpg

PXL_20240525_104251345.MP.jpg

I tried this Shavette with an injector persona blade. Just wanted to say that this was the most profound shave ever with a Shavette. No damage done, a couple of weepers. I will be more careful next time for sure. I really enjoyed the weight of the shavette.

Attachments

• PXL_20240525_104157178.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240525_104157178.MP.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
You folks are a baaaddd influence. I just bought a Focus Slim AL because you all made it sound so good. I got it from Fendrihan. it will take about a month to get here. I can't wait to try it. I hope it is everything I want it to be.
I got one from Aliexpress that has a similar head design and I have been pleasently surprised. I think you will enjoy a lot Focus Slim.

Today I had the 17th shave with Kai Protouch with the dx clone Shavette. I am believing that stropping on the towel smoothes a bit the blade.

Top Bottom