What's new

Shavette And Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) group

@albsat , I think most multi-piece half-DE barber razors will work with Injector blades, but Sanguine and Personna each make one specifically for Injector blades and Personna’s mini hair shaper blade (an Injector blade by another name). Personna has the “Monsieur Charles” and Sanguine has whatever the crap this is called.
I wouldn't use the word "most". There are a ton of half-DE shavette's that don't take injector blades, the ones that have blade corner stoppers, like the Universal, for example, can't take injector blades.
I remember one half-DE shavette that can take both injector and Feather AC, the Antiga Barbearia de Bairro, but it's a PITA to load, even half-DE blades (at least mine is, I don't know if anything changed in the production/design of the razor in the last few years).
Another shavette that can take, officially, injector blades is the Tedalus Essence.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I don't like Focus Slim. It is ... slim. With wider "blade" on face it is much easier to feel the wright angle. With Slim I get more nicks due un-proper shaving angle.

There are slim A77 razors on Ali. On pictures it is hard to tell the size. But they are small. Don't like them either.

Personally the DE blade shavettes are my least favourites, I prefer the longer blades also. As always YMMV.

I don't like Focus Slim. It is ... slim. With wider "blade" on face it is much easier to feel the wright angle. With Slim I get more nicks due un-proper shaving angle.

There are slim A77 razors on Ali. On pictures it is hard to tell the size. But they are small. Don't like them either.
I think we both like the generic A77 shavette a lot. I will get a backup of it for sure.

I don't have the focus slim razor but the one I got with similar head design was really nice. The key for me was to keep it almost flat with the skin and let the edge of the razor do the job. Just a suggestion.

I wouldn't use the word "most". There are a ton of half-DE shavette's that don't take injector blades, the ones that have blade corner stoppers, like the Universal, for example, can't take injector blades.
I remember one half-DE shavette that can take both injector and Feather AC, the Antiga Barbearia de Bairro, but it's a PITA to load, even half-DE blades (at least mine is, I don't know if anything changed in the production/design of the razor in the last few years).
Another shavette that can take, officially, injector blades is the Tedalus Essence.
The Irving Barber Company (IBC) razor is another on that can take half-DE blades, AC blades or injector blades. It has magnets to help align the DE blades and you can get replacement parts for any part of the razor. I picked up one from Maggard Razors many years ago.

The problem with these razors is that they are unbranded, so it's very hard to identify them. Someone called it KureNai GF35, but I honestly don't know where that name came from. It's not in any of the 3 razors I bought, but for consistency I've also keep calling it by that name.

I think Saphoo is one of the stores that sells quality items. So I would say it doesn't work with injector blades.
I'm saying this because the version sold by Maggard, that says it takes injector blades, is a terrible DE shavette (too much exposure) and a terrible injector shavette (it's not made for it and the blade doesn't sit right).
So, I wouldn't buy this kind of razor for injector blades.

You can use the Sedef/Ali Biyikli razors for injector blades. This is a very versatile razor, even though it will be hard to put the blade in, but it does work.
I only recommend the Sedef for experienced shavers. I went from hating it to find it pretty interesting, but I don't think it's a razor you can just pick up if you haven't been shavette shaving for some time.
I've never tried the Sedef with an injector blade, but might in the future. Amazing little razors, but as you say, maybe not the easiest for beginners!

FSR
FProfessional

DSCF6130.JPG

I apologize if this is found somewhere else in this thread but for those longer blades that you use in your Wecks (and similar razors), how do they compare in thickness and length to AC, injector or DE blades. Are those 'A77' blades?
Thanks!
Personna Hair shaper blades are thicker than an A77 and a bit shorter. I think they are thick as an injector or ac blade and a bit longer than an AC a blade. I don't have anyone left now to give full data. Maybe in the web there is a comparison...

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I apologize if this is found somewhere else in this thread but for those longer blades that you use in your Wecks (and similar razors), how do they compare in thickness and length to AC, injector or DE blades. Are those 'A77' blades?
Thanks!
Hi

I took this photo to help explain the different blades, so going from top to bottom we have.

A77 Blade (Rhinoceros)
These A77 blades are long, sharp and very thin. Even thinner than a DE blade. These are the thinest and longest blades of the bunch.

A77 Blade (Cloud)
The same as the Rhinoceros only not as broad.

Hair Shaper Blade
Very ridged Blade with a reinforced spine. Almost as sharp as the A77. These are the thickest blades and second longest of the bunch.

AC blades (Feather Pros)
These blades are ridged, but not as ridged as the Hair Shapers. And sharp, but not as sharp as the A77 and Hair Shapers, but still very sharp and third longest of the bunch.

DE Blade
These are the smallest blades in this line-up. These are a flexible but not as thin and flexible as the A77.

20240517_171821.jpg

Hope this helps some.

Hi

I took this photo to help explain the different blades, so going from top to bottom we have.

A77 Blade (Rhinoceros)
These A77 blades are long, sharp and very thin. Even thinner than a DE blade. These are the thinest and longest blades of the bunch.

A77 Blade (Cloud)
The same as the Rhinoceros only not as broad.

Hair Shaper Blade
Very ridged Blade with a reinforced spine. Almost as sharp as the A77. These are the thickest blades and second longest of the bunch.

AC blades (Feather Pros)
These blades are ridged, but not as ridged as the Hair Shapers. And sharp, but not as sharp as the A77 and Hair Shapers, but still very sharp and third longest of the bunch.

DE Blade
These are the smallest blades in this line-up. These are a flexible but not as thin and flexible as the A77.

View attachment 1847821

Hope this helps some.
Thank you so much for this great information!
I really appreciate the picture.
That was very helpful.
I have not tried any razors that take the hair shaper or A77 blades.

Today's shave:
Growth: 2.5 day beard
Prep: Warm shower: Stirling Sheep bar soap
Pre: None
Brush: Maggard Razors 24mm premium boar knot with Maggard Razors sky blue 25mm handle
Lather: Van Der Hagen Select Shave Soap
Load Bowl: Old Spice Mug
Lather Bowl: Old Spice Mug

Razor: Feather DX (wood handle, folding razor)
Blade: Feather Professional Blade (D3)

Razor: Schick 500 Injector Razor (third pass)
Blade: Chinese Schick

3 pass chin, 3 pass mustache, 2 pass elsewhere, no touch ups

Lessons learned:
A) If the angle feels awkward and you feel resistance from the razor, stop immediately or blood will flow next.
B) Rotate your wrist to shave in certain areas instead of locking the wrist an only using your arm to move the razor up and down. This may help with the awkward angles and feels more natural in some areas.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Thank you so much for this great information!
I really appreciate the picture.
That was very helpful.
I have not tried any razors that take the hair shaper or A77 blades.
Thank you, and your more than welcome.

It's a pity your not in the UK or Ireland or we could have kitted you out with a A77 razor and blades. The price of shipping to the US makes this impractical unfortunately.

Thank you, and your more than welcome.

It's a pity your not in the UK or Ireland or we could have kitted you out with a A77 razor and blades. The price of shipping to the US makes this impractical unfortunately.
Thank you so much for the kind thought!
I really appreciate it.
I think I have my hands full between DE, AC, injector and GEM bladed razors at the moment. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom