What's new

Shavemac knots?

I have made several brushes using TGN knots and have been very happy with them. However, I thought I read on a thread some time ago, you can purchase Shavemac knots somewhere. Is this true? If so, where?

Just send Bernad an email to get a price list or order what you want. All you have to do is send an email from the link on shavemac.com

I hope that works out for you, I tried a while back to order some knots and after several emails got no answers at all. Again I hope you have better luck

It took a few days for him to respond to me (and I might expect longer now due to the holidays) but he sent me a price list and told me to email him when I was ready to order. I was some what surprised by the prices, but just look at the threads around here and I am pretty sure you'll see that they are worth it :) .

i used a tgn 22mm silvertip grade a and thought it was every bit as good as my shavemac 177 with a 23mm knot. but i might be partial to building my own brushes?

i used a tgn 22mm silvertip grade a and thought it was every bit as good as my shavemac 177 with a 23mm knot. but i might be partial to building my own brushes?

Sigh. I was just about to order a Shavemac silvertip, hoping it would be well above TGN (at 3 times the price, it should be), but now you have made me pause. I don't own any shavemac brushes, but I have 3 Simpsons and a Rooney, all of which are considerably better than a TGN silvertip.

Care to share? Or at least compare with TGN?

I have tried to copy and paste the sheet from my email but it is not working. However, if you will PM me your email address, I will forward you the price list. I will give you an example.

24mm Grade A Silvertip from TGN $32.95 + shipping
24mm Standard Silvertip from Shavemac $96.60 + 9.00 shipping to US

Last edited:
I have tried to copy and paste the sheet from my email but it is not working. However, if you will PM me your email address, I will forward you the price list. I will give you an example.

24mm Grade A Silvertip from TGN $32.59 + shipping
24mm Standard Silvertip from Shavemac $96.60 + 9.00 shipping to US

I'm cheap, but me thinks we will pass on that! Sheez!

Top Bottom