What's new

Shave video

Not sure you lot want to see my ugly mush but I've just honed 3 wade and butchers and shaved off a 2 months worth of beard, thought it would be a good video to show newbies what a straight razor can do, not 100 % happy with the music editing but I had to make it myself due to copyright on YouTube, and yes I shave half the beard off for a selfie! Enjoy

https://youtu.be/t2RdXPbZieI

Thanks brian, first time I've done a full beard, it's easy to see were you've miss :) I enjoyed getting rid of it to tell the truth!

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Nicely done, I'm still learning straights and it always help to watch someone else's technique.

Good video! I will be getting my first straight in a couple of weeks, so I have really been doing some technique research. Every video helps!

Yep, that's a mush , abet a better one than mine.
the first pass looked like you were peeling an orange the you beard was removed.
nicely done.

Thanks all, it's not easy when you first start off, watching other people shave helped me so much so I'd thought I repay the favour

Thanks for sharing! Im only 10 shaves in with my straight so it is encouraging to see that with enough practice you can "get there". Plus, after years with a cartridge it's really impressing seeing a razor doing that to a full beard :tongue_sm

Thanks for sharing! Im only 10 shaves in with my straight so it is encouraging to see that with enough practice you can "get there". Plus, after years with a cartridge it's really impressing seeing a razor doing that to a full beard :tongue_sm
Thanks glade you enjoyed it.
Straight razors are amazing, we live in a world where apparently we need better faster cheaper, why? Which company in the 1800's/1900's would say yep it's not quite right but send it! What Antiques would we collect from today in 100 years? Keep your mk3 in it's case it could be worth something in 100 years time! :lol:

Last edited:
i actually chuckled a bit when you washed off your face and only had half of it shaved. watching this video really reminds me how awesome straights are.

half the reason i started with a straight was because i hated shaving with a mach 3 so after about 4 days of growth id go to shave and it would just clog. id spend more time trying to unclog it under running water than actually shaving. it would have been funny seeing someone trying to tackle a mane like in your video with a similar cartridge. well done.

Thanks glade you enjoyed it.
Straight razors are amazing, we live in a world where apparently we need better faster cheaper, why? Which company in the 1800's/1900's would say yep it's not quite right but send it! What Antiques would we collect from today in 100 years? Keep your mk3 in it's case it could be worth something in 100 years time! :lol:

Exactly, quality requires skill, something you don't need with a m3.

But hey you might be right, I'll make it a family heirloom, my future kids will fight over who gets to inherit it :thumbup:

Top Bottom