What's new

shave soap to pair with Paul Sebastian?

Paul Sebastian is, IMO, a close Old Spice cousin. Vintage Shulton soap would be great, Tabac would be good, and any of the artisan Old Spice knockoffs would be fine.

Paul Sebastian is, IMO, a close Old Spice cousin. Vintage Shulton soap would be great, Tabac would be good, and any of the artisan Old Spice knockoffs would be fine.
Thanks, TBoner! Since I'm not well versed with a lot of the artisans, do you know any off the top of your head that are of this type?

Barrister and Mann Reserve Spice comes to mind immediately. Soap Commander Endurance, too. I confess I'm not sure who else is offering one these days. It seems, like GIT, to be a fragrance that many artisans put into a soap at some point.

Thanks, do you think Mr Fine American Blend would work?
It's a great scent but not really comparable IMO. Lots more patchouli and a heavy lavender note, and without the spice or powder of Old Spice of Paul Sebastian. That said, it might still pair just fine.

Honestly, I also like Harris Almond paired with any old-school aftershave or edt, including Shulton Old Spice. It wouldn't have to be an Old Spice type scent to work.

Even a Bay Rum soap could be good.

If Trumper had a decent formulation at present, their almond soap would be great with Paul Sebastian.

Powdery or spicy soaps should be good pairings in general.

This is very helpful! Thank you again. I know Cella is almond but I've heard it's cherry scented too so perhaps Cella would not work well.

Paul Sebastian and Obsession for Men are both very similar to to my nose. I have chimed in to vote against Fine American Blend because I have a puck and loathe it, although it does have some elements of the aforementioned. It smells like Barbasol turned up to twelve to me though and I don't like Barbasol either.

The closest soap I've tried that is in that ballpark is Soap Commander Honor although you'll never get them mixed up. Watching this thread closely.

BudgetShaverGuy, and everyone else, thanks for all your astute comments. Any further thoughts or input is appreciated, as well. Any other artisan OS clones? Another member hoping P&G would revive the OS puck posted a thread recently, as well, but this is for the meantime!

Top Bottom