What's new

Shave Roulette

Starting with this post, I will provide the new number every 24 hours...
Wishing you some great shaves!

Spin! The number is => 9791.

Last edited:
Cool - I like this spin a little better. I’ll use it tomorrow morning:
F2481BAA-4ACF-4B6E-B45F-22683BE46B69.jpeg

It will be interesting to see how the cream works with the boar .......

9791 => Omega Eucalyptus, Yaqi Two-Band Mysterious Space, Pearl OC Bolt of Indra, GSB (1)

Nice work, @JAHE!
😄

I will skip the 9791-shave in order to catch up with my pending shave (6866).

Besides, it is random.org which is to blame or to praise. I am only announcing their numbers.:lol:

This shave roulette game provides a lot of fun. I do hope more participants will join in...

Eben Stone

Staff member
Variety is the spice of life. And what better way to compose your shaving setups by some random number generator.

Whenever my new 12 pack of SV samplers arrive I'll be up to 26 soaps and still only 1 brush.

6866... a lucky number. I expect nothing but a lovely shave tomorrow...

Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band badger
Soap: Mike's ~ Orange, cedarwood & black pepper
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Personna Chrome Platinum (1)

20201105_092233-01-01.jpeg

The shave did not proof me wrong. Just a nice and effortless shave.

Eben Stone

Staff member
There's a guy on this forum who swears his favorite blade with the Fatip OC is the Derby Extra, plus he got a huge supply for them for very little money. Maybe I will revisit them, there's a few I got for free with a razor.

Well it's official. I can get one good shave from a Derby Extra. Today's shave with #2 was painfully tuggy. Almost unbearable. This time riding the cap didn't help. One and done.

Here is my upcoming setup:

Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Dr. John's ~ Hydra
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Treet Platinum

I never have used a Treet Platinum as of yet. Last year I bought a blade sampler in which a single Treet tuck had been included. Frankly I have no idea what to expect... I assume it might be a rather mild blade... although I am quite curious I'm not going to check any reviews prior to my shave...

Eben Stone

Staff member
Looking forward to tomorrow's morning shave. Finally landed on SV Opuntia soap. Geesh.

SV Opuntia, Muhle synthetic, Boker butterfly, Gillette Nacet

Here is my upcoming setup:

Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Treet Platinum

I never have used a Treet Platinum as of yet. Last year I bought a blade sampler in which a single Treet tuck had been included. Frankly I have no idea what to expect... I assume it might be a rather mild blade... although I am quite curious I'm not going to check any reviews prior to my shave...
20201105_133416-01.jpeg

I used my Slim on setting 5, the Hydra provided a very decent slickness... but unfortunately there was a lot of tugging (xtg/atg) with this blade.
I did not like the level of (subpar) smoothness I got from this blade either.
The shave result in terms of closeness basically was okay, so overall a kind of mixed bag with this blade. Won't consider to buy additional Treet Platinums but might give them one more try...

20201107_092656-01.jpeg

Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Razor: Mühle R89
Blade: Gillette 7 o' clock Super Platinum

Had a very nice shave today.
Nevertheless I guess I will skip my Sunday shave #lazySunday.

Top Bottom