What's new

Shave Roulette

Eben Stone

Staff member
R41 + Kai. First time using a Kai. I've been interested in increased blade feel. If this comination doesn't do it then at least I have my ikon Tek that's been waiting patiently.

Yesterday's shave I used the Feather SS, the Stahly for clean-up just in the mustache area and on the chin.
I decided just to do one pass because I was going to shave again today and I didn't shave until the late afternoon/early evening.
I haven't done a one pass shave in a long, long time. I could feel that it wasn't as close as my usual shaves, but honestly when i looked at myself in the mirror i looked clean shaven. Made me consider doing one pass shaves more often.I think it might be better for my skin.
Anyway, a good, quick shave.

Today’s shave was fun. First outing with my new Stick Schick. I expected a mild shave from the Type L, so I went with four passes. Very pleased with the result

Usually don't shave back to back days, but i did.
The spin yielded my Rubberset 400 brush, Soapy Science Doc's Special Blend, my Feather SS, and my British long comb New.
Inspired by yesterday's one-pass shave, I tried to see if I could get a really close shave but decrease the passes. So I did one pass on the face, two on the neck, and two in the Vandyke area.
Smooth, easy shave that was nearly as close as my usual three pass shaves.

Results from today’s 4102 shave:
BCBA3809-1F95-462F-BEBC-FBF2B8650543.jpeg

Thinking about swapping out my lame BOSS brush for something better. Maybe I’ll give it one more chance ..... maybe not ......

Eben Stone

Staff member
For me that's SJoL sandalwood, Muhle black fiber v2, Boker butterfly, Feather

I want to familiarize myself with my new Ikon Tek. So I'm going to renege my bid and use an Ikon Tek and Gillette 7 o'clock yellow for the next week. I'll use the roulette to choose my soaps.

I'm waiting on 12 soap samplers from Europe to add to the mix. Can't wait...

1904 would bring me my first use of the cream I usually save for travel.

I am going to shave tonight.......do I use 1904 or is there another spin coming this afternoon? If there is, can I choose which spin to use?? So many questions, lol.....

1904 would bring me my first use of the cream I usually save for travel.

I am going to shave tonight.......do I use 1904 or is there another spin coming this afternoon? If there is, can I choose which spin to use?? So many questions, lol.....
The basic rule is each player should use the latest spin available at the time they do their shave. If they need to shave and there has been no spin for the day, they can use the most recent available spin, even if that is from a previous day. There are no negative consequences for "sitting one out" if a player really wants to.

Looking forward to the next shave...

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Gentleman's Nod ~ Jackie
Razor: Fatip Open Comb Slant
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)

Spin! The next number is ...

The next number is 0948!
Enjoy your shave!
I agree with your interpretation of the rules.

So here's the interesting part........because I only have three brushes, 5 lathering choices, and two primary razor choices, the new spin yields almost the EXACT same shave as the earlier spin! It still pulls up the cream I haven't used in a couple of years and have never used outside of travel, still uses the same primary razor. The clean-up razor changed from the iKon 101 to the Knack, but that's all to the good. I love the Knack and don't use it enough.

Really looking forward to this evening's shave!

And, as soon as I got home I decided to give it a whirl.
The cream is I Coloniali, which smells exactly like the famous soap that is no longer being produced. One of the best scents in wet shaving, in my opinion.

Anyway, as I said, I have never lathered it up before. I have used it when travelling and just applied a thin layer by hand.

As soon as I started to lather it I remembered why I greatly prefer soaps. It got really airy and fluffy right away. I thought it would tighten up if I kept working it, but it really didnt. I applied it and it was see-through and dissipating. I added more cream to the bowl and worked it up again and it got marginally better, but not much. Smelled fantastic!

So, I shaved with it anyway, even though it looked like terrible lather. And it wasn't bad! I got a nice first pass without any irritation. Wasn't as close as my recent first passes. I assume that's because I was being so careful given how thin the lather looked. Went ahead with a second pass after relathering and it was fine. Had a few areas to touch up with the Knack. Gosh, I has forgotten how much I love the Knack. If you haven't tried one, you really should.

Anyway, rinsed and my face felt great. DFS without irritation. Just goes to show that sometimes the appearance if a lather can be deceiving.

Still loving this roulette game. Willing to serve as the guy who doles out the numbers at some point if you need me.

I agree with your interpretation of the rules.

So here's the interesting part........because I only have three brushes, 5 lathering choices, and two primary razor choices, the new spin yields almost the EXACT same shave as the earlier spin! It still pulls up the cream I haven't used in a couple of years and have never used outside of travel, still uses the same primary razor. The clean-up razor changed from the iKon 101 to the Knack, but that's all to the good. I love the Knack and don't use it enough.

Really looking forward to this evening's shave!
Well as they say, the numbers don't lie!

Top Bottom