What's new

Shave den improvement

I decided that it was time to add a new shelf.

$Shave Den 002.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. It doesn't show in the picture, but I cut out the drywall so it could be recessed into the wall.

How did u assemble the cabinet?
I can't take all the credit for building the shelf. I drew up the plans and a neighbor built it for me because I don't have the power tools needed. Then I stained and finished it.
The shelf is made out of 1x6 pine with some paneling for the back. He used screws and finish nails to assemble it.

I can't take all the credit for building the shelf. I drew up the plans and a neighbor built it for me because I don't have the power tools needed. Then I stained and finished it.
The shelf is made out of 1x6 pine with some paneling for the back. He used screws and finish nails to assemble it.

Nice!!
I also don't have the tools, but have some. Would love to try it.
if I get theasurements, I can have Lowe's cut the pieces. All I'd have to do is assemble I guess. And of course stain it and stuff.
I know now I need a full woodshop...

The other members of my family are carpenters. My father retired several years ago and moved to the UP, so I don't have access to a wood shop any more.
The shelf made shaving easier too. The area around the sink was starting to shrink.

Top Bottom