What's new

shave bowls

So your latest addition to the various (bowls)scuttles is the true heated scuttle, I think you going to enjoy that in those cold winter days more and its also the largest. Very nice collection! Enjoy the heated scuttle or just use it like a normal bowl when it is hot out.
Thank you,i think i'll try the new scuttle today,quite looking forward to it👍

Last edited:
Mine is an SWK S-Type Shave Scuttle that my Son purchased for me for Christmas years ago. A wonderful piece and a functional work of art for me.

View attachment 1446191

I wish I could purchase the XL shaving scuttle from that website, but I wonder if the gent is still in business.
I mailed twice, no reply whatsoever thus far.

I cannot post (as of yet) a WTB post on the Buy/Sell forum, as my account does not seem to allow that - probable because being still a newbie here....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I wish I could purchase the XL shaving scuttle from that website, but I wonder if the gent is still in business.
I mailed twice, no reply whatsoever thus far.

I cannot post (as of yet) a WTB post on the Buy/Sell forum, as my account does not seem to allow that - probable because being still a newbie here....
Lol, you ain't a newbie! Almost 9 years! I think there is a minimum post requirement though....

Lol, you ain't a newbie! Almost 9 years! I think there is a minimum post requirement though....

Well, one would tend to think so, wouldn't it...

The problem is that, when I registered, all those years ago, I did so as a fountain pen aficionado, but was not overly, if at all, active, so... you might also say a newbie, in a sense of the word, as well...

To return to the subject, really surprised by lack of any communication from schwarzweisskeramik.de , and It looks to me like the gent is not in the business any more... I wish I was wrong, though...

Was choosing my shaving stuff for today and found this,something had fallen on it😥
20240401_155116.jpg

FarmerTan

Been online already looking for a replacement,but the grey & white seems to be out of stock atm,maybe get red/white instead😐
Green and white is the colour of the greatest university in the known universe, Michigan State University, in East Lansing, Michigan! (Just a little hint, lol)

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Green and white is the colour of the greatest university in the known universe, Michigan State University, in East Lansing, Michigan! (Just a little hint, lol)
Universe, University? Coincidence? I think not. But I must say Maroon and Gold are better colors. But it sounds like you really Gopher the Green and White with your Spartan existence. LOL.

Hope this message finds you doing well.

FarmerTan

Universe, University? Coincidence? I think not. But I must say Maroon and Gold are better colors. But it sounds like you really Gopher the Green and White with your Spartan existence. LOL.

Hope this message finds you doing well.
I've been better, but thanks for checking. I'm fighting a kidney stone to a split decision since around August, but my options are limited, so I keep going out for the next round, lol.

I think of you often my friend! I pray that all is well with you as well!

As for the stone (s?) , as I often remind myself, "this too shall pass!"

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I've been better, but thanks for checking. I'm fighting a kidney stone to a split decision since around August, but my options are limited, so I keep going out for the next round, lol.

Hope you feel better when it does, I worked with a fellow who had a lot kidney stone issues over the years. Very painful!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

I can feel your pain... I've passed dozens of them since my first one in 1991. That one was the size of a nickel and had to be forced back into my kidney and then be blasted 3 weeks later. Urinating with a stent in place is an experience I wouldn't wish on anyone.

As I've mentioned before, my urologist told me, after looking at the X-Rays and seeing over 2 dozen smalls stones in each one... One of your body's gifts is making kidney stones.... Sorry... Life is like that sometimes.

It isn't a rare talent, but not one I was hoping to discover. <eg>

FarmerTan

I can feel your pain... I've passed dozens of them since my first one in 1991. That one was the size of a nickel and had to be forced back into my kidney and then be blasted 3 weeks later. Urinating with a stent in place is an experience I wouldn't wish on anyone.

As I've mentioned before, my urologist told me, after looking at the X-Rays and seeing over 2 dozen smalls stones in each one... One of your body's gifts is making kidney stones.... Sorry... Life is like that sometimes.

It isn't a rare talent, but not one I was hoping to discover. <eg>
My friend, you make me feel like a sissy! But I do thank you for the reminder that I am truly the most blessed person you will ever meet.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.

Those things suck. I went through a stint of those. Had lithotripsy on a couple. The second one somehow didn't all get blasted properly, reassembled and then was by the pelvis so the lithotripsy would not work so they were going to laser it. Before I could get in for the laser it passed. That one was ugly.

For me they have been weird pain wise. I've gone to the ER for one as it stopped me from going at all and I had pain. Other ones have generally been low dull pain in the back, but occasionally will radiate all over and even at times sit me down almost nauseas and then just as sudden as the pain came on it's gone. An then too if you do pass them naturally the very last stage is no fun. I have a photo album on my phone of about four different stones I've passed without the doctors help.

I think I might have one starting again. For me they always seem to grow in the same kidney and the pain is the same at the start.

As they say, getting old ain't for sissies.

FarmerTan

Those things suck. I went through a stint of those. Had lithotripsy on a couple. The second one somehow didn't all get blasted properly, reassembled and then was by the pelvis so the lithotripsy would not work so they were going to laser it. Before I could get in for the laser it passed. That one was ugly.

For me they have been weird pain wise. I've gone to the ER for one as it stopped me from going at all and I had pain. Other ones have generally been low dull pain in the back, but occasionally will radiate all over and even at times sit me down almost nauseas and then just as sudden as the pain came on it's gone. An then too if you do pass them naturally the very last stage is no fun. I have a photo album on my phone of about four different stones I've passed without the doctors help.

I think I might have one starting again. For me they always seem to grow in the same kidney and the pain is the same at the start.

As they say, getting old ain't for sissies.
It is my professional opinion that the one you are currently forming is in the left kidney. Correct? That for some reason is the most common side. I have problems in both kidneys at present, but the worst one is my right. That side had been dormant since 2004. But it has reared it's spiked head like a bored bull in a field with sparse grass.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
It is my professional opinion that the one you are currently forming is in the left kidney. Correct? That for some reason is the most common side. I have problems in both kidneys at present, but the worst one is my right. That side had been dormant since 2004. But it has reared it's spiked head like a bored bull in a field with sparse grass.
Correct, it's the left. Both, that really sucks. Never had one in my right, that I know of. Some of the ones I passed on my own, I don't know their origin, but suspect left as that is the only side I've ever felt the pain on.

The best is when the other nerves in the region get messed with and you either feel like you need to go to the bathroom all the time or like you got kicked in the nads.

Can't think of a single heath issue I've had that can present it self in so many ways. Hope yours clears fast(er) than it has so far.

Top Bottom