What's new

Sharks?

In my quest for the perfect blade, I have been using some Shark Super Stainless blades and like them. What seems to be the difference between those and the Chromes? Thanks Natchez for the Sharks!!

They offer near identical performance, although if I had to choose I would pick the Super Stainless as being slightly smoother, but they are very close. I believe the Shark Super Chromes may be just renamed Shark Super Stainless, in other words older stock.

Last edited:
S

siouxsie

I had heard that also somewhere, DE, but who knows with Lord. In any case, they're both very good and I would be lying if I told you I could consistently tell any difference.

Never tried the Super Stainless, but have about 200 of the Super Chromes left.

They really work well for me. A good balance of price, sharpness, and smoothness.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Shark blades are excellent: sharp, smooth and reasonably priced.
What else to look for in a quality blade?

I had heard that also somewhere, DE, but who knows with Lord. In any case, they're both very good and I would be lying if I told you I could consistently tell any difference.
I remember a debate at another site and it was concluded that they were the same blade, just renamed. Unfortunately, I cannot recall the details of the thread since it was a while. Regardless, as you said they're both very good and nigh indistinguishable.

I can definitely tell the difference. For me, the Chromes are sharp and smooth. The Stainless are sharp and not so smooth. That said, my beard is like the princess and the pea, and very finicky when it comes to blades.

I'm kinda digging them myself. Anther one to add to the "like" column.

Any thoughts on the Stainless vs Chrome?

I really like the Chrome I picked up from you last time I was in the store, but I'm seeing a lot online for the Stainless.
From what I'm reading above it sounds like the Chrome has a better comfort coating on it.
Would you agree?? Disagree?

I can definitely tell the difference. For me, the Chromes are sharp and smooth. The Stainless are sharp and not so smooth. That said, my beard is like the princess and the pea, and very finicky when it comes to blades.
I assumed that the Shark Super Chrome is the older name for the blades. Currently, only the Shark Super Stainless are shown on the Lord website, which likely indicates the Shark Super Chromes are probably likely older stock. However, if you can feel a difference, perhaps they've been updated. Here is the link to the Lord website.

http://www.razorslord.com/Units/SUPERSTAINLESSBLADE3.asp

I believe the Shark Super Chromes may be just renamed Shark Super Stainless, in other words older stock.

Thanks for the clarification. I see both on eBay and was curious about the performance between the two. I have really been wanting try these for some time and think I'll pick up a pack soon.

DL

Top Bottom