What's new

Setting up wireless printer?

I have a Canon MG3620. I set it up for wireless printing 3 years ago and I just reset the black ink level. Now, none of the wireless devices I set it up with work. I spent the last hour trying to reconnect all of them to no avail. Maybe it's disassociative amnesia but I do not recall it ever being this hard. I have looked on YouTube and I will continue to look on YouTube when I get back home.

Other than a hammer has anybody had any luck with Canon or Apple airprint?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I have a Canon MG3620. I set it up for wireless printing 3 years ago and I just reset the black ink level. Now, none of the wireless devices I set it up with work. I spent the last hour trying to reconnect all of them to no avail. Maybe it's disassociative amnesia but I do not recall it ever being this hard. I have looked on YouTube and I will continue to look on YouTube when I get back home.

I have a Canon MX, and it goes freaky from time to time.
When my PC can't find it for some reason, I've found that shutting the printer down, then restarting it usually resolves the PC's ability to find it on the network.

I had MG3640 (I think that was the model number) for a number of years but never had any trouble connecting it to a few different WiFi routers. But I only occasionally printed anything, so it was not left powered on. But that sitting led to it's demise as I got some permanent error code that the "internet" told me was due to dried ink in the print head when it came time to print recently. I gave up and replaced it with a Brother black-n-white laser printer.

I don't have any real advice other than potentially resetting it back to factory defaults if other less drastic power cycling doesn't work.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood

I always found AirPrint far more hassle than it's worth.

If you happen to have a Mac on your network that connects to the printer, install Printopia. All your iDevices will see the printer (ANY printer), and you can also print to pdf from them to the host Mac if you want to save paper. Best $10 I ever spent (14 years ago).

Did you give it a static IP? That should make it easier as you can point your devices to the printer rather than having them search for it.

It probably does but I think that that's one step past my JFGI and RTFM mind and down the "f$*& around and find out" . If the next 3 devices aren't hooked up by this weekend I'll go that route

Top Bottom