What's new

Sensitive skin and straight shaving

Hi im shaving for about 2 month now and i was told to use proraso for sensitive skin cream and pre shave.mu razor is freeshely hone and i strop it for at least 60 times before and after a shave.my skin is very red and it ******* burn after the shave.what should i do differently??

I should have ******* none menthol in the pre shave and the cream.No wonder my face was on ******* fire!!

Get a good soap. I am new to a Feather Kamasori and a good soap is a must. SV, A&E, C&S are all under 35 bucks. From what I've read the Kamasori is sharper than a straight but less maintenance. Just change the blade. I can't comment on a traditional SR. (I don't have the patience to hone and strop). My experience with the Feather Dx Kamasori is it requires a really good soap and concentration to get a shave you are looking for without the nicks and redness. Find your angle and slow short strokes work for me. The seasoned SR guys with a lot more skill than me will chime in. The SR guys are awesome!

Hi im shaving for about 2 month now and i was told to use proraso for sensitive skin cream and pre shave.mu razor is freeshely hone and i strop it for at least 60 times before and after a shave.my skin is very red and it ******* burn after the shave.what should i do differently??

Welcome to B&B, Sir Phil!!

Tell us, what shave routine gave you least burn?

don't shave until your skin is completely healed. then go to a professional barber and get a hot towl straight razor shave. if you feel good afterwards, that means most probably your shave technique needs improvement.

also look into a pre-shave oil and a face healing cream.
ADP shave oil is pretty good from my experience. but its on the pricey side.
i used a lot of face creams, one face cream i really like is urth anti-complex and the post shave elixir is good too.

all this is kinda on the pricey side, but you should invest in it at least once so you know what your face is capable of. then try to reproduce these results with less.

also if your a soap guy invest in some MDC soap. it lasts a long time and its real good stuff.

Now this might sound as pushing a sell, but what I did and worked very well is to try unscented soaps. I have lots of skin sensitivities and what has been working best is a straight razor shave and unscented soap. Also, IMO, when you take away the scent factor is much easier to focus on the soap qualities and therefor easier to find the one that works best for you.
Good luck!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Now this might sound as pushing a sell, but what I did and worked very well is to try unscented soaps. I have lots of skin sensitivities and what has been working best is a straight razor shave and unscented soap. Also, IMO, when you take away the scent factor is much easier to focus on the soap qualities and therefor easier to find the one that works best for you.
Good luck!
+1

My problem was with the menthol.in about every sensitive or regular soap,creme etc... There's trace of it. I just bought a regular soap and. Use olive oil before shaving.no execive redness and no burn afterwards.i bought an alos vera plant wich i use as an after shave.no plastic or chemicals involve.

Top Bottom