What's new

Semogue Caravela - LE to the Extreme

Why is this thread on the "shopping and deals" section of the forum is something that puzzles me... shouldn't be on the "Brushes" section?

Two months later and I'm still in love with this great brush! What's your opinion of it now?

It is a great brush - It has replaced my V-404B as my daily brush (well it is only my third brush after the 404B and an Omega 83 - the slightly smaller cousin of the 48/49 Pro...). If / when I get another brush it will definitely another Semogue. My only issue is that it really holds water and every now and then I forget to remove the extra water and generate some "foamy" lather.

Enjoy!

In light of the new availability of this brush from Joe at italian barber, how those who have had this for at least 2 years - how do you feel about it and do you think it has lived up to your expectations?

In light of the new availability of this brush from Joe at italian barber, how those who have had this for at least 2 years - how do you feel about it and do you think it has lived up to your expectations?

Just popped onto the IB site and I do not see it? I have #56 and have had it since July 11, 2011. I remember that day like the birth of my first child. In fact, I now use a calendar system that has B.C. and A.C. years (Before Caravela and After Caravela). It's April 4, 0002 A.C. for me today. It's just that great. (Seriously, I currently have about 95 brushes, and it's definitely a top fiver).

...So why did the SOC 2012 SE flop? Please enlighten me.
I can only tell you why I didn't buy one. At $70 it is an overpriced brush, in my opinion. SOC 2012SE priced at $50 would stretch the limit for me. Caravella was successful because of the good value and it was made by Semogue.
I would never pay $70 for a boar/badger mixed brush. I understand SOC 2012SE has a much better handle, but not worth $40 extra.

I do like my 2012SE more than my Caravela I think, it is an exceptional brush for those who like mixed hair, and a far better handle. I'll have to actually use them back to back and see.

I think $50 was a great price for that also, even at $70 it is pretty good. The SOC handles are the best shaving brush handles ergonomically. The knot is a proven winner, the SOC 2012 SE is much more available than Caravella (around 500 or so were made vs. 100 Caravellas) - you can still buy a new one today. So why did the SOC 2012 SE flop? Please enlighten me.

i wrote a brief review of both the soc 2012 SE and TSN LE here, with my own reasoning as to why it didn't sell out:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...akes-Them-Which-is-Best?p=5230121#post5230121

Still available for $50 plus shipping:
http://shavetools.com/semogue-2012-special-edition.html

I do like my 2012SE more than my Caravela I think, it is an exceptional brush for those who like mixed hair, and a far better handle. I'll have to actually use them back to back and see.

I recently PM'd a member who has both, and will post his thoughts ( after confirming its ok) after reading your results, Jeff.

Top Bottom