What's new

Semogue 1305 boar brush

Just received my new pure bristle brush from Semogue this morning thanks to Leon. Couldn't help posting some photos to share my excitement with you all. Golly! This brush is a BEAUTY! :w00t:
I can't barely wait to use it tomorrow with my Tabac SS...

Semogue 1305 Excelsior "Cerda Pura"
Painted beech wood handle (dark green and beige)
22 mm knot diameter
55 mm long handle
55 mm long bristles

Last edited:
VR, that brush looks sweet. Waiting for mine to arrive. How is this one different from the Semogue boar brush you already own?

Thanks,
Sachin

VR, that brush looks sweet. Waiting for mine to arrive. How is this one different from the Semogue boar brush you already own?

Thanks,
Sachin

Well, it is definitely longer and the handle's shape is utterly different. Otherwise, there is the obvious badger imitation deco that the entry-level Semogue didn't have. I expect to be able to add something more after using it. But I can already say it feels good in one's hand :001_smile

Well, it is definitely longer and the handle's shape is utterly different. Otherwise, there is the obvious badger imitation deco that the entry-level Semogue didn't have. I expect to be able to add something more after using it. But I can already say it feels good in one's hand :001_smile

That's a very good looking brush. All that's needed to make it perfect is to dye the band a bit lower to look like a 2 band badger. :w00t:

I really dig the cool vintage lines of this brush!

I have been eying it for a while - your pics. convince me that I need one.

Regards.

Jakob

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Is it just me, or is there a big 'hole' in the middle of the brush (as seen in the second photograph, from above?) :confused:

Maybe being a boar brush it's okay if the bristles are stiff enough anyhow, but I'm thinking that model is going to be pretty floppy.

Maybe being a boar brush it's okay if the bristles are stiff enough anyhow

It's exactly that.
I own several boar brushes (not much of a badger fan here) and their bristles are not as tight as in badger ones. If my shortlived experience has tought me anything about shaving is that that feature has nothing to do with the brush's performance. Anyways, don't you worry: when Semogue bristles finally break you realize you're up to a serious lathering machine!

So how does this compare to the standar Omega boar brushes? I really like the look and the price is good.

My first impressions:
It performed very well this morning. Being a new brush the hair didn't absorb soap and water in the usual quantities, so I had to attack my puck of Tabac two extra times.
It feels a lot like my other Semogue: very soft tips and firm hair. The way it touches the skin is kinda silky compared to the stifness of other boar brushes. But don't get me wrong: we're far from badger floppiness here!

All in all I sincerely think it to be superior to Omega brushes. But that's a question of taste.

I will continue to use this Semogue for the next few days. I'll tell you when it starts to break.

Last edited:
Top Bottom