What's new

Sellers remorse

Ever regretted selling one of your shaving items?

In my early days of wet shaving I bought and sold quite a few things. In hindsight I probably should have hung onto most of them a bit longer and revisited them as my technique and preferences developed.

I recently re-bought an item that I should never have sold, the Blackland Vector. Even though I mostly use straight razors now, there is no denying that this is a phenomenal shaver and such a unique design. I was thinking about going with titanium this time but I ended up getting the same machine finished, stainless steel, model as I had before. The weight and balance are perfect and I much prefer the bright and shiny finish of SS.

As I’ve grown to appreciate shave sticks and face lathering I’m also missing my previous collection of Chubby 1’s which I once had in every hair type. At least these items can be rebought if required. I’ll probably pass in the Chubby’s as my other brushes are more than capable and a longer handle has never felt like an inconvenience. They’d still be nice to have though.

CB10C7B9-0704-4520-85B1-5ACB5D0080CE.jpeg

I either sold or trashed a few things over the years and have much more of all sorts of things I should do one or the other with. However, I regret selling or tossing anything I've ever gotten rid of as though I can take it with me. We're all idiots about material possessions except those who aren't. There are reasons I never opened an online store to dispossess myself of all the crap my kids are going to get stuck with. Well, one reason anyway - I'm an idiot who should know better at this stage of life!

I either sold or trashed a few things over the years and have much more of all sorts of things I should do one or the other with. However, I regret selling or tossing anything I've ever gotten rid of as though I can take it with me. We're all idiots about material possessions except those who aren't. There are reasons I never opened an online store to dispossess myself of all the crap my kids are going to get stuck with. Well, one reason anyway - I'm an idiot who should know better at this stage of life!
Its a good thing I won't be around when my stuff ends up on a garage sale table with $5 price tags.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
We must've been separated at birth.... My son will kill me when I die, doggone!

This is the reason why I keep telling myself to use my good stuff now. There’s no point keeping razors in perfect NOS condition so that some punk in the future can use them for honing practice.
Excellent, excellent point. My boys won't touch my razors; they both use electrics and are scared of how I shave.

Excellent, excellent point. My boys won't touch my razors; they both use electrics and are scared of how I shave.
I’m pretty sure that my kids think that everyone shaves with a straight razor. I got a lot of pleasure out of it when my five year old daughter asked me at the grocery store what the carts were. I replied that “I don’t know why anyone would want to buy those. They look like junk. ”

I’m pretty sure that my kids think that everyone shaves with a straight razor. I got a lot of pleasure out of it when my five year old daughter asked me at the grocery store what the carts were. I replied that “I don’t know why anyone would want to buy those.”
Well, I'm scared of how you shave! ;)

Pearl Flexi is the only sellers remorse I've gotten with anything shaving related. I should've kept it!
But oh well! I can always buy one again at some point. The biggest sellers remorse stuff that I've had has always been cars. I've had quite a few where I can kick myself for selling!
Best thing to do is to just keep everything🤣

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've given away a few things but haven't sold anything yet. But I'm starting to feel guilty about some of the fine products just sitting on shelves because I've gone in another direction. They're nice decorations, but somebody should probably be enjoying the fruits of maker's labors.

My only regret so far is selling my vintage Gillette Parat/Rocket a few years ago while getting rid of a couple of razors that I no longer needed. And I'm not regretting it because I was going to use that Gillette, but because they are not as common as most Rockets like the HD for instance.

No remorse at all. Stuff tends to stay in my possession for a long, long time before I sell anything because I am pretty choosy about what gets added. I tend to wear things out before switching, trading, or selling anything. Have fun collecting along the way.

Top Bottom