What's new

Seasonal Shaving Stuff ---- Yes ?, No ?, Maybe ?

As it gets cooler here, I am liking menthol and cold water shaves more. You never really notice the menthol hitting you in the warmer months here (Florida).

I do the same as keendog previously commented. I might break my A/S routine of (Pinaud Clubman or Vegaltal) if I receive new A/Ss for either Christmas or my birthday.

For many years regardless of holidays or seasons, I just went with what soap or cream spoke to me.

Inspired by the 3017 folks, I have committed to narrowing my soap/cream selection and even focusing on using one soap at a time.

Currently I am using Soap Commander Thanksliving, an apple scented fall scent. I'll stick with this scent until early December and them switch to Soap Commander Renewal, a Christmas tree scent.

I'm in the November GRUME and was doing fine until redrako mentioned Thanksliving being apple and spice scented. Of course I had to go look it up and was fortunate that they are out of stock. At $10 that might have been too good a deal to pass up.

Saved by my own ignorance!

I wouldn’t say it’s life- changingly important, but soaps will outdo creams in the winter for me (dry skin). Balms will outperform splashes for the same reason. So as I build my den, I’ve invested in some spicy cold-weather supplies (Siliski Santa’s Pipe Soap, BBW Midnight Balm, PDP 63 Balm), and some lighter summer creams (Knightsbridge Bay Rum Cream, TOBS Sandalwood Cream, Clubman Whiskey Woods, Afta Green).

I absolutely buy seasonal scents.
If I’m feeling festive I’ll even use them at the appropriate time, otherwise I use them whenever I remember I have them and go looking for them.
If I want a good shave or am using a razor I’ve never used before though; it’s often my mixture daily driver soap I use.

I'm new to this whole deal.

but I can tell you I love cedar or sandalwood scents. dr harris marlborough reminds me of the cedar trees I spend a lot of time in during hunting season. (right now)

i will stick to my favorite scents even when spring and summer turn the calendar pages again.

camo

Top Bottom