What's new

Seasonal Shaving Stuff ---- Yes ?, No ?, Maybe ?

Good Evening Gentlemen .....
Yes, I know we all talk about seasonal soaps, creams, AS balms, scents, etc., etc.
Certain scents and textures work better in the summer, or in the fall, or in the winter.
But, I'm wondering ..... does it really matter ? Is it all really that important that we
only enjoy certain "shaving stuff" specifically during certain times of the year ?
Here's a great example ...... Cold day here in upstate New York, with about 3 - 4 inches
of wet sloppy snow. Too heavy to shovel, so I'm thankful for our "plow guy with his truck."
But, ya' know what ? ..... this evening's shave was a beautiful one, with Stirling MITA (yes,
but, as some of you may say ----- only a summer soap !) face lathered with my RazoRock
Plissoft Silvertip, shaved cleanly with my Rockwell 6C (Plate 4) with a fresh Gillette Nacet.
Finished off with Stirling MITA witch hazel splash and Proraso Blue Balm. Pretty darn perfect !
So, ..... what do we all think about matching certain stuff with the season ? True ? False ? Maybe ?

Last edited:
MITA is great to use any time of year. I’m into the seasonal scents, but I’ve used Stirling’s Christmas Eve in July. It’s great any time of year.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
All just a personal preference. Personally... I don’t bother. I just use whatever I want any time of the year.

I used MITA today as well. I don't care, I just use what I want when I want.

Says the guy from LA lol.

I don’t really alter my products seasonally, but then here in Florida we don’t really have seasons. That said, if I’m being honest, my heavily mentholated soaps and splashes may see a bit less use over the next few months.

I avoid all seasonal celebrations, including choosing shaving products, as part of my Bah, humbug, campaign. Seriously, here in SoCal, I use whatever appeals to me for that particular shave, calendar be damned.

Some products just work better on a cold AM!

For example, Pitralon classic splash provides the classic woodsy aroma and great skin conditioning that get me set to go out to chop some wood (unfortunately I live in the city, but I can dream)! :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Proraso (green) used to be my go-to cream every summer for many years. Then we moved into a house with central AC (comfy!) and now I mix it up a lot more during that season. Lime is a nice choice for spring and summer.

I like sandalwood for winter (Proraso red, Trumper's, AOS).

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I kinda lean seasonally. Every time I use anything lime in the winter, or leather in the summer, I feel weird. Still do it on occasion, but feels weird.

Thankfully, Arko is both without season, and timeless!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Hot weather: blue stuff. Menthol, etc.

Cold weather: brown stuff. Bay rum, warm scents.

Seasonal soaps do hook me in. Hallows makes Halloween! And Vespers, Christmas.

AA

Living in the mountains at 8300ft it never really gets what most would consider hot and I typically don't limit my shaves to any kind of seasonal rotation. That said, it's nice to be reminded of some other season occasionally with a specific soap - First Snow in the middle of summer, MITA in the middle of winter. :)

Living in a place where the winter is extremely dry, MWF with the lanolin is just the ticket. So, more practical than anything else.

I don't do seasonal scents, I use things year round with one exception, Tabac. I can only use Tabac soap in colder weather; the scent is revolting to me in the Summer weather but man I love it when it gets colder!

Personal preference. I used to get all into the season soap offerings but found that I could never use it up before that season ended, so I probably will skip all the season soaps for now.

The first soap I bought and finished was Proraso Green. Used it February to July, recently I bought TOBS Peppermint but also FINE Santal Absolut. Mixed bag on this one....

I don't buy the marketed seasonal scents but I do prefer certain scents during certain seasons. I'm more likely to use proraso green in the summer and proraso red in the fall, for example.

This thread got me thinking (not that easy these days).

I broke out the MWF!! The Fat is great for my skin in cooler weather! :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Top Bottom