What's new

SE razor suggestions, please !

Gentlemen, ..... as always, all your intelligent comments and suggestions are so very much appreciated !
After a lot of fun internet research, I've decided to purchase the Stainless Steel Hawk v3 with the Haloed
UFO handle and a package of Schick P-30 ProLine AC blades. It should be a fun ride.

Gentlemen, ..... as always, all your intelligent comments and suggestions are so very much appreciated !
After a lot of fun internet research, I've decided to purchase the Stainless Steel Hawk v3 with the Haloed
UFO handle and a package of Schick P-30 ProLine AC blades. It should be a fun ride.
@Adam18 smart choice, it's an excellent FIRST SE razor!

You might wanna check this out: DE vs. SE - is this an accurate representation? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/de-vs-se-is-this-an-accurate-representation.605971/post-11231653

So, you're now $70 further away from getting the Vector, but you'll get there eventually. We all have. Or you might say you're $70 closer, depending how you're looking at it... YMMV 😁 😂 🤣

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
RazoRock Hawk V3 and Prolines is a winning combination. I have the Fear Of Missing Out with the Blackland Vector OC, but you’ve made a great choice, @Adam18

RazoRock Hawk V3 and Prolines is a winning combination. I have the Fear Of Missing Out with the Blackland Vector OC, but you’ve made a great choice, @Adam18
@thombrogan not sure if it's of any help, but to me personally the OC plate provides a smoother, milder shave. I know it's funny, but I have a theory behind this claim, hear me out: I believe that combs allow lather to penetrate deeper and since I shave mostly by repetitive strokes and do a lot of blade-buffing, the surface is always kept well-lubricated.

I believe that combs allow lather to penetrate deeper and since I shave mostly by repetitive strokes and do a lot of blade-buffing, the surface is always kept well-lubricated.

Thanks Dave, ..... but I already bought the Stainless Steel Hawk v3 with the "standard" plate.
I'll take my time learning and enjoying the razor and ProLine blades as is, then maybe consider an OC plate down the road.
I really appreciate your wisdom, sage encouragement, and thoughtful replies. Thanks a lot ! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks Dave, ..... but I already bought the Stainless Steel Hawk v3 with the "standard" plate.
I'll take my time learning and enjoying the razor and ProLine blades as is, then maybe consider an OC plate down the road.
I really appreciate your wisdom, sage encouragement, and thoughtful replies. Thanks a lot ! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
@Adam18 my reply above was to @thombrogan... just sayin'

You've got the Prolines... So now the only thing you need to do is put a WTB on the BST for an aluminum Colonial General. Can't say enough good things about combination of razor design and weight... Darn near perfect (at least until my Ti Vector arrives).

I just grabbed a scratch and dent Colonial General V2 head and it is a really good performer. I had an Asylum RX but it was too aggressive for my tastes. The General is much easier to use....smooth, close and comfortable. I most likely will get a Vector once they are available again.

I would recommend starting at the mild end of the spectrum with a model L or N injector and a Gem Push Button or Gem Contour(depending on which handle length you prefer). This will give you a chance to know if the blades are your taste before stepping into more aggressive razors or more current models.

How did the original poster do?

Thanks for asking ! I'm thoroughly enjoying my RazoRock Hawk v.3, finding that it's delivering very smooth,
extremely efficient, incredibly comfortable shaves. Together with the Schick ProLine blade, I'm getting very
consistent three pass BBS results, with minimal effort, zero irritation, and total enjoyment. The razor's angle
is naturally well balanced, and it's an easy relaxing shave.

Top Bottom