What's new

SE Blade apocalypse

Group buy again on SE Blades

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted yes. Although I will not be partaking in this buy, many folk here enjoy the Pella blades and the price cannot be matched.

I have never tried SEs. I have been shaving with DEs and recently with straight, am I missing out on something?

The Hy-Vee and Walgreens near me still sell SE's and DE's and usually have quite a few stocked. Of course the DE's are always the store's re-branded Personna's and the SE's are probably made by a similar company and re-branded for the store, but they work like a charm for me. It doesn't seem like they plan to stop carrying them soon, but I could be wrong.

I have never tried SEs. I have been shaving with DEs and recently with straight, am I missing out on something?

I find that a SE has less small nicks at time. the blade is not as thin so I have more control when I rush at times. Although you can not beat the workmanship in a good DE razor. The SE razors are a bit more clumsy. I can not use the pella blades, they have a 3 facet edge made for sliceing in a lab. Much too sharp for my skin. I had to strop them to dull the edge first. When you look at the edge with the naked eye, you could see the big difference between a regular gem and a industrial blade. Everyone is different, but I will spend the extra 30 bucks for 200 regular blades any time.

As a big fan of GEMs and SE's in general I would be up for another buy, especially if it included the option to get some Pella injector blades as well. I'm thinking of significant numbers of both since I don't want to run out any time soon.

Top Bottom