What's new

Scuttle with a lid

$MY SCUTTLE.jpgHas anyone purchased a scuttle with a lid? I have ordered a lid with mine because of 2 reasons, and I would like to know if they are valid or not.
(1) By placing the lid on the bowl between passes, it will help retain the heat, keeping the lather warm for a longer period.Sorta like wearing or not wearing a hat in the winter time.:001_cool:
(2) With the lid on,and the brush in the bowl, it should help the lather stay moist longer in the brush, again between passes, and if not, a few drops of water and a quick remix should bring the lather back to life.

This is the one I ordered from Robert, can't wait.

Last edited:
With the water at the right temperature you won't need to use the lid. And beware - too hot in there and your lather will dry out. I have a thick ceramic scuttle which retains heat very well without a lid - didn't see the need for one.

Enjoy your new scuttle and your shaves though.

With the water at the right temperature you won't need to use the lid. And beware - too hot in there and your lather will dry out. I have a thick ceramic scuttle which retains heat very well without a lid - didn't see the need for one.

Enjoy your new scuttle and your shaves though.

+1 Good advice, also too hot and it will break down pretty quickly.

My RB custom came with a lid. I got it because I had a custom glaze specified and wanted to get the "whole shebang" and have it match.

Never used the lid and was terrified that I would break it so kept it in another room wrapped up where it would be safe :lol:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it will break down when too hot, but experiment with the temp. in your new scuttle, and find the right way to use it. Scuttles are great, so enjoy.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
007:
I know you're 'gonna' :001_tt1: your Scuttle when it shows up (
proxy.php
"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting". Andy Warhol)!

RB gets 'alota' love here because he is such fine 'Potter' with great customer service and I'm totally satisfied with my 'Catcus Sand' Medium Scuttle w/ Lid.

NOTE: I replaced the rubber stooper with a wine cork (perfect & tight fit), because at times...the rubber stopper would 'pop' inside the Scuttle (no problem fishing it out), due to the pressure/steam from the hot water, but I've found that using a wine cork works much better in keeping the heat in the scuttle, plus it looks 'cooler' :thumbsup:

Here is my Reveiw;

Read More: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=171254

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

proxy.php
"Your life is [like] a piece of clay, don't let anyone else mold it for you". Author Unknown

007:
proxy.php

RB gets 'alota' love here because he is such fine 'Potter' with great customer service and I'm totally satisfied with my 'Catcus Sand' Medium Scuttle w/ Lid.

NOTE: I replaced the rubber stooper with a wine cork (perfect & tight fit), because at times...the rubber stopper would 'pop' inside the Scuttle (no problem fishing it out), due to the pressure/steam from the hot water, but I've found that using a wine cork works much better in keeping the heat in the scuttle, plus it looks 'cooler' :thumbsup:

Here is my Reveiw;

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

proxy.php
"Your life is [like] a piece of clay, don't let anyone else mold it for you". Author Unknown
I have already picked up 6 corks from LOWES.

007:
proxy.php

Here is my Reveiw;

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

proxy.php

4-6 weeks to go. You're killing me.

The one I have on order may or may not look exactly like the one we're seeing all those pictures of. I gave choice 1 and 2 for color. The Cactus Sand was choice #2. #1 was cobalt, which was what his picture displayed on his page but it wasn't listed when you clicked the available colors. I'll let it be a surprise.

Top Bottom