What's new

SCS New Spice

I was drawn to the SCS New Spice fragrance when I won the New Spice scented shave soap and aftershave milk in an email contest that Sue had a few months back. I was expecting some interpretation of Old Spice, so wasn't that thrilled (I bought a bottle of Old Spice when I found it for $2, and haven't touched it more than once, not for me). But I was surprised, as this has quickly tied for first place with Bay Rum for my favorite everyday fragrance.
I couldn't quite place the scent. I don't know that much about all the different notes that go into complex fragrances, but I seem to detect the caramel that Sue mentions on her website.
However, while walking through the Houston Bush International airport yesterday, I stopped into a shop that sold some more expensive colognes (lots of Ralph Lauren and Armani) and sampled the fragrances. When I got to the bottle of Armani Attitude, I was taken aback, as it smelled almost exactly like my SCS New Spice. I didn't detect the caramel note in the Armani fragrance, but otherwise it seemed to me a dead ringer. As the scent lingered in my nose, to thoughts came to mind. First, I had paid only $13 for a fragrance that was almost a dead ringer for one that sold for considerably more (the lowest price I saw in the shop was $58), and the New Spice lasts all day for me, and with only a single shot from the atomizer (it is very strong stuff, so if you buy it, don't go crazy, as a single spray is more than enough). Second, I like the SCS New Spice more than the Armani, because the caramel note is heavenly, and I didn't detect it in the Armani, and it tends to soften it just enough to make it very well rounded.
If anybody else has smelled both of these, I would be interested to hear whether you think the same.
Anyways, the purpose of this was to help out anybody who is thinking of buying this, but don't know what to compare the fragrance to. I recommend it.:thumbup1:

I'm eyeing this right now. I notice her site says

WARNING: This fragrance may attract an over-abundance of female attention. Wear 'New Spice' everyday for one week; If this fragrance evokes no positive female response, I will refund your purchase price (less shipping).
Doesn't mention having to send it back. If that's the case, that's a good deal! No girls think any of the scents I have now smell good.... if I started wearing one that did, I wonder if they'd let me know, or if they'd just say it stunk because they're used to my Clubman, Brut, AV, etc., so they think any smell I like is bad.

You guys sold me on the New Spice. I've been back and fourth on getting some since it came out. Ordered the EdT and body wash. Stand back ladies...

I really like the SCS fragrances. New Spice is one of my favorites. If you like Violets check out her Parma Violets line, and Smoke and Beads is THE Patchoulli!

I just ordered the Embrace EdT and now I'm regretting now getting New Spice. I think honestly if Embrace lives up to the SCS reputation I might have to invest in a full line of New Spice!

Anyways, the purpose of this was to help out anybody who is thinking of buying this, but don't know what to compare the fragrance to. I recommend it.:thumbup1:

It is oft-mentioned that New Spice is a dead ringer for Thierry Mugler's A*Men/Angel Men, which I think is right on. If anyone is on the fence about this, your reaction with New Spice most likely will be consistent with A*Men. I see that SCS has dropped the "SCS Interpretations" tags/descriptors on the website (e.g. Dagger was a "SCS Interpretation" of Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme, if I recall), but my guess is New Spice was indeed such an interpretation of Thierry Mugler's A*Men. Even if it wasn't, it is spot on.

It is oft-mentioned that New Spice is a dead ringer for Thierry Mugler's A*Men/Angel Men, which I think is right on. If anyone is on the fence about this, your reaction with New Spice most likely will be consistent with A*Men. I see that SCS has dropped the "SCS Interpretations" tags/descriptors on the website (e.g. Dagger was a "SCS Interpretation" of Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme, if I recall), but my guess is New Spice was indeed such an interpretation of Thierry Mugler's A*Men. Even if it wasn't, it is spot on.

To the best of my (admittedly poor) recollection, New Spice was never part of the interpretation line. It existed before they were introduced.

I just got a bottle of SCS New Spice in the mail this morning, along with some New Spice soap. This stuff smells amazing, I'll let you know what the girlfriend thinks of it. If she isn't pleased, you might want to check the marketplace in the next couple of days :001_smile

I just ordered the Embrace EdT and now I'm regretting now getting New Spice. I think honestly if Embrace lives up to the SCS reputation I might have to invest in a full line of New Spice!

I'm not a fan of Embrace (the wife either) so don't judge New Spice based on your opinion of Embrace.

Top Bottom