What's new

School me on fine cotton paper

After picking up a fountain pen I'm looking for some fine parchment to send letters and thanks on. I have already found Crane & Co. 100% cotton which is very very nice feeling and to write on but does cost top dollar. I found a affordable brand on amazon called Wausau, it is 32lb 100% cotton, but have not felt it in person, does anyone have any experience with this paper or can you recommend another company that sells letter and correspndance that is not as expensive as Crane. Also I am not looking for personalization.

Thanks in advance.

Have looked at Fabriano Medioevalis?

I use the small note cards for pen and ink drawings and I have been very happy with it.

There is a nice selection here.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
There is lots of decent 25% cotton paper out there sold in bulk, with envelopes made of the same material for a matching look to your letters. Check with your local print shops as they will have the best access to bulk paper & envelopes, and maybe even 100% cotton if you desire.

You can perhaps get bulk letterhead made up with your address or such ...

IMO, Clairefontaine is excellent for fountain pen use. Though the years I have basically tried everything in the market and like their paper the most. Their journals are excellent as well, highly recommended.

IMO, Clairefontaine is excellent for fountain pen use. Though the years I have basically tried everything in the market and like their paper the most. Their journals are excellent as well, highly recommended.

Agreed. My Clairefontaine experiences have been great.

Top Bottom