What's new

Schick Type A Magazine repeating razor with unusual handle

In my search for Schick type B razors I came across this ornated Type A
$Rakhyvel med topp.jpg
$Front.jpg
My initial reaction was that I thought that somebody creative had made the pattern them self, so I decided to let it be. But my mind could not let it go so I searched high and low for information and eventually found this
http://shaveworld.org/home/shave_en...select2=&select3=&select4=&select5=&select6=0

= Strong indications of that it is legit and a scarce Schick type A variant. Has anybody else seen this variant before and/or has more information about it?

A close up of the pattern
$Närbild på mönstret 2.jpg

A star and the number 27 are inscribed on the neck.
$Stjärna 27 märkningen.jpg

Patent number inside the head
$Avtagen topp.jpg

Last edited:
Gearchow, brilliant stuff! Do you have the same marking on the neck ,"star" 27, or do you have another number on your razor?

Last edited:
Thats very interesting. Do you know or care to speculate to what the number 8 on your razors shipping box refers to? I have a similar box to a Type B1 razor that has the number 20 on the side.

Thats very interesting. Do you know or care to speculate to what the number 8 on your razors shipping box refers to? I have a similar box to a Type B1 razor that has the number 20 on the side.

No idea about the "8". I can only guess a catalog number. I haven't seen any ads or catalogs from that time period that have these models displayed.

-jim

Top Bottom