What's new

Schick Repeating Razor - Replating Services

Greetings - I have a beautiful Schick Type A alloy repeater and a nice silver plated Type B. This is actually a type B1 and the plating is in decent shape, but I’m considering having it replated in silver to match the original finish.
Can anyone recommend a plating service that will replate a vintage Schlick repeating razor? Seems like most services will replate vintage double edged razors but not sure about the vintage Schick repeaters. Thx!

Just remember that any time you refinish an antique you kill any real collector value. If you're sure you're going to keep it and use it then fine, if not then don't.

These guys have a few good reports, here.
Back Roads Gold

As far as collectibility, the B1 is never going to be $$$, unless you have a complete, untouched, boxed set.

Personally, I'm very interested in seeing if I can have my blade trays plated, along with the razors. The trays are the most rare parts to source.

Edit to add: as far as specifically, "who," you'll have to contact the plater you think you want to use, and see what they say. If they offer Gillette adjustable services, or Gem Micromatics, the Repeaters should not be much of a challenge.

You might give Razor Emporium a try. I bought a Schick Type D which had been replated by them in Rhodium, and they did a beautiful job.

Thanks for the tip. I’m glad to hear that RE did a good job for you guys. I’ve been in contact with them and they seem reasonable for sure.
Thanks again -

Top Bottom