What's new

Schick Krona

I picked up A Schick Krona at a local flea market here in Brooklyn for 4 dollars this weekend. I snagged the earlier 50's model that does not have the stamp on the head. At first I thought it was a Gillette with a black plastic handle which they do resemble but during cleaning and sanitizing I saw the Schick logo on the bottom .I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a Gillette . I read some reviews and got a bit happier. This morning I gave it a run through using a 7 ' clock green blade and the Arko stick. I did two passes WTG. I think the razor is a little more aggressive than my 40's and 50's Gillettes but not as much as my 1904 or Vision. I did get a nice close shave and no cuts or irritation at all. In my opinion at the prices you cannot go wrong with this razor. I think I like it better than the Gillettes.Get one now while they are cheap.

Wonderfully underrated razor. I got mine mint in the box with blades and instructions for $2.00 (antique store was going out of business). Nice shavers though. Congrats on the find.

I have one with floppy doors. Someday I would like to upgrade to one with a metal knob and an eagle.

2 dollars? I thought I did good at 4? I couldn't agree more guys . A really nice surprise.

My apologies sir. I didn't mean to cast dispersions on what you paid for it. I was simply saying that I got a great deal as well but only because they were going out of business and had to sell everything by the next day. $4 is great. I have never been able to equal that score. And it's a great razor besides...

My apologies sir. I didn't mean to cast dispersions on what you paid for it. I was simply saying that I got a great deal as well but only because they were going out of business and had to sell everything by the next day. $4 is great. I have never been able to equal that score. And it's a great razor besides...
No please don't apologize. I was only kidding around. I think the fact you got the razor for 2 dollars is great!! You are a gentleman . Thank you sir.

I have about 26 safety razors, and I find the Schick Krona to be one of the best, and to be vastly under-rated. It is mild and pleasant to shave with. Virtually impossible to cut one's self. I team it with a Feather blade for my moderatly heavy beard. I believe it is slightly more agressive than the mild Gillette Tech. The balance and the overall feel of the handle is outstanding.

I have about 26 safety razors, and I find the Schick Krona to be one of the best, and to be vastly under-rated. It is mild and pleasant to shave with. Virtually impossible to cut one's self. I team it with a Feather blade for my moderatly heavy beard. I believe it is slightly more agressive than the mild Gillette Tech. The balance and the overall feel of the handle is outstanding.

I respectfully disagree. I find the Tech a little more aggressive but YMMV.

If you guys don't quit talking this up so much the price will go up! :001_tt2:

With or Without the Eagle The Krona gets as much Shave Time as my Gillette SS, I prefer the Milder DEs with my Personna Meds, Astra SP or Rapira Blades. When I want an aggressive shave I break out the "E" Injector or my Clog-Pruf.

All this talk made me want to use mine again, so...

Semogue SOC boar brush,
Col Conk Lime Soap,
Schick Krona,
Personna Med Prep blade,
TOBS No. 74 Lime AS

Lovely :)

Top Bottom