What's new

Schick injector

I just got a mid 50's schick injector from the bay. Prior to this I've been using a mercur slant with derby blades. I wanted to put the schick thru it's paces by doing the worst possible situation. Two days growth with little or no preshave prep. After three passes with proraso cream I had a little irritation and one or two weepers. These I attribute to using a new blade and an unfamiliar razor. I can't wait to use it for a proper shave.

I hate injectors. They shave great, but they look like mud fences and handle like a fusion....

Doesn't stop me from using one of mine when I need a good shave fast...:smile:

I just got a mid 50's schick injector from the bay. Prior to this I've been using a mercur slant with derby blades. I wanted to put the schick thru it's paces by doing the worst possible situation. Two days growth with little or no preshave prep. After three passes with proraso cream I had a little irritation and one or two weepers. These I attribute to using a new blade and an unfamiliar razor. I can't wait to use it for a proper shave.

I picked up the J-type with the ivory handle. It shaved great from the first shave. It's part of the rotation of 12+ de's (yes I have rad). I sometimes use it to touch up the chin area. Keep at it you will love it.

I have a EverSharp Hydro-Magic Injector. Which is the more fancy Injector, with a hinged head (with a release lever), to facilitate easier cleaning.

I love how easy it is to shave under my lip with it, due to the small profile of the head.

It's also about as close to the feel of shaving with a cartridge razor as you can get, without actually using a cartridge.

Still, remember to use no pressure. If you use pressure, the in-flexible blade will mow anything down that is in it's way (including bumps). :eek::eek:

Top Bottom