What's new

Schick injector help needed

Gentlemen,

I need your help with a Schick injector razor that I recently acquired. I have not used an injector for years so I may as well be starting from scratch.

From what I can glean from the little research I have done, I may have a 1942 -1945 Military model with a butterscotch handle and a gold head. The case is of the clam shell design in very good shape and has a dark navy blue bottom with a black top?? The case has the inscription Schick Injector Razor on the lid in what I assume was gold lettering. The interior is red and fitted for the razor and an injector and has a gold inscription that is identical to that of the lid. The razor is in excellent condition. My problem, I think comes from the blades. After cleaning the razor I injected a new blade from the cartridge that came with the set. In fact I rejected the top blade in the cartridge and went with the second one. The cartridge is silver in color with a brass injector and is Schick Eversharp brand with twenty single blades.

The shave was not pleasant so I am thinking that the blades are either old and have degraded or the wrong blades. I have read many good things about these razors so I thought I would try one but this experience was not pleasant. Any help you gents can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Doug

If you used blades from that era, I'm not surprised you had a problem. Even if they were good once, they have probably lost their original edge through oxidation during long storage. You should do much better with modern blades, or even with more recent vintage ones, although I'm not sure what the earliest vintage blades are that would still be good.

If you find injector blades in a local store, they will probably be a re-branding of the ASR Personna blades, and will work fine. Also, the modern Schick blades are excellent, but more pricey.

If you have a better experience with these, then you have some options to save significantly with an online bulk buy for the future. I suggest trying some modern blades, and if you like them, ask here again about EMS or Pella.

Yes, please use a modern blade. Injectors are great razors, the only ones that don't give me a handful of ingrown hairs!

Gillette Injector
Schick type L
Current manufacture Schick brand blades

Yes, I was sure that was the problem. I will continue to look for new blades locally. If I don't have any luck I will buy online.

Are there any links on B&B to help me identify my razor? I suppose it is not important but I am just curious.

Thanks for your help,

Doug

Top Bottom