What's new

Schick Injector "Easy Rider"

I got this injector on eBay. It looks unused. Here's a pic from the vendor:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Excellent-limited-production-60s-Icon-Schick-Easy-Rider-Razor-/00/s/OTc3WDEzMzI=/z/UQoAAMXQO21Rnh5Y/$T2eC16dHJGwFFZMZrGI!BRnh5YOGQ!~~60_57.JPG

(clicking on the "insert image" does absolutely nothing).

Anyhow, this looks brand new, never used, with no case or ancillary stuff.

I'd never heard of this razor before. Is this some kind of supremely rare collector's item worth a gazillion bucks, tied to the classic hippie movie (for a razor?), or can I shave with it with no qualms? I'd "shave and be damned" except that this is *so* clean I don't think it's ever been used, I've never heard of it before (and I was around in the late '60s) and if it's worth serious bucks....

Here's a link to the auction I won, so you can look at the several pix the vendor posted:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excellent-l...YA8aD8XNqtMbz3flUJVKY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Last edited:
I looked at that too. Funny, there were Easy Riders this month for every price from $16 to $99 BIN !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at that too. Funny, there were Easy Riders this month for every price from $16 to $99 BIN !!

Thanks for the pointer to more info. I still think that promoting that particular movie with a razor is a truly far-fetched idea.

So, should I shave with it or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pointer to more info. I still think that promoting that particular movie with a razor is a truly far-fetched idea.

So, should I shave with it or not?

The only time I don't shave with a razor is if it is still in the bubble package. Minty doesn't mean NOS and as mentioned, there are plenty of them out there still, so shave away!

-jim

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
The only time I don't shave with a razor is if it is still in the bubble package. Minty doesn't mean NOS and as mentioned, there are plenty of them out there still, so shave away!

-jim

+1, they likely were sold (my memory is a little fuzzy of those years) in a plastic bubble on card packaging. You see them often as someone mentioned the prices travel all over. It is a basic late in the decline of Schick era L Type razor, too mild to my tastes. Looks like a very nice example though!

+1, they likely were sold (my memory is a little fuzzy of those years) in a plastic bubble on card packaging. You see them often as someone mentioned the prices travel all over. It is a basic late in the decline of Schick era L Type razor, too mild to my tastes. Looks like a very nice example though!

I believe it was marketed as a lady's razor.

Clayton

Clayton

It was geared towards men, promoting the Easy Rider Movie released in 1969, starring Peter Fonda & Dennis Hopper. Cool Movie, the razor for me wasn't as good as other models, J1,3,4 or E3.

Clayton

It was geared towards men...

They are actually slightly different.

I just got this one in the mail

$image2.jpg

Note the male
♂ symbol on the tab below the T-bar (i guess that isnt the technical term) of the razor. The Ladies model is badged as an Eversharp and has a typefaced LE (for Lady Eversharp) logo instead of the male symbol on the Schick.

Silly me! Bought an injector but no blades. I have some coming in soon though, and cant wait to give ithe Schick a drive. Still need to get past the yellow colour though.

Use it. In the past month I have used 2 nos injectors. As regards the Easy Rider---could someone that has one please post the ladies version as it would add to the knowledge base. I have the male symbol one . thanks.

Clayton
Maybe you can find such a female version; the only ads I can recall were all masculine. You can find links to the advertising for them if you remain patient enough. Mine really is "too mild" for my preferences, though.

Last edited:
Is there really any difference between a lady's injector razor and men's? Shouldn't they shave about the same?

They should shave the same, but I have seen Lady Easy Rider razors with the HydroMagic lever. I've also seen them without the lever, but I've never seen a Men's Easy Rider with the lever.

Alan, there are two of the Hydro magic model BINs on the auction site right now. Search for Easy Rider LADY Hydro Magic schick. They are priced extremely high.

Last edited:
I think they are talking about this one:

View attachment 503712

It does have the same handle style.

-jim

Thank you Jim as I have the same 2 in my collection and The Lady E is not nor has anything to do with Easy Rider. The misidentification is probably due to poor, lacking id's on the auction sites. The LE is ,imo(and others) a 500 with a L type handle. Looks wise the same as used on the Dutch model hydro which had a black handle.
$P1100391.jpg

So please take a look at the wiki and other sources of info. Appleby was a great start but is not the be all and end all.I'm not trying to be a snoot. I have an intense passion for Schick injectors and have spent beaucoup time and $$$$'s to fulfill that passion. have a great week and enjoy your shaves. ;-))

Top Bottom