What's new

Schick G type take down

Morning Gents! I have a question for any Schick experts, is there any way to disassemble the head to remove the blade and clean the inside? I have a G type Schick

No. Unlike the DE razor, an injector can't be disassembled to remove the blade. The old blade is removed when a new blade is inserted with the key. You could partially insert a new blade, pushing enough of the old blade out to grab the end of it with needle nose pliers.

But what's to clean? The space where the blade is held? Not sure that would be necessary. Scrubbing Bubbles might remove some soap scum. Try that before doing something that might damage the razor.

Every time you inject a new blade, any crud is pushed out with the old blade. If you open the head by releasing the spring, you will lose tension on the blade.

There are a handful of Schick models that are built to be opened, but other members can chime in.

It can be done by bending one ear of the spring so you can pivot it away from the little tab that it locks onto but you risk damaging it. I found this E type years ago and someone in the past did it. Pulling some dental floss through it helps a little.
85A01287-6ED5-4057-9E67-6B68A5995195.jpeg
FE776048-62E0-4B3C-B942-A4F18CE00FB9.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
You can with the G type like @HoosierTrooper mentioned. I have changed a few so I can easily remove and clean. All I do is bend the keeper out of the way to allow the spring to slide to the left(bending the keeper is a pain on some models & special care and skill is needed IMO.). Some E type models all ready have this feature and if a person carefully looks on the auction site you can find them.
The E&G types there is not a lot of difference IMO in aggression, G may be slightly milder.
FullSizeRender[137201].jpg
Schick swivel 2.jpg
Schick swivel1.jpg

Have some great shaves!

The E2 type has a spring that can be moved away, so you don't need an injector key and you can easily clean them. Great razor by the way ;-)

full

Top Bottom