What's new

Schick Eversharp Injector Question

Recieved this with another razor and would like to clean it, so how do you remove the blade if you do not have an injector blade unit. It has a clamp on the back of the head which looks like it can be turned. Will this open the head up so you can get at the blade. I think there is a thread on this somewhere but can't seem to find it. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks Bob

Will this open the head up so you can get at the blade.

The answer is it depends. Earlier Schick models were designed to allow the spring (which is the part you refer to as the clamp) to swing out of the way, so the head could be opened for cleaning.

Later models don't feature this.

The way to tell the difference, is too look at where the spring butts up against the head. If there are two stops (one on each side of the spring) then Schick didn't intend for the head to come apart for cleaning.

Attempting to force such a head apart will result in a bent spring, that may not hold the head firmly together.

If there is only one stop instead of two, then Schick intended for the spring to be able to be moved to the side to facilitate cleaning.

Okay, there is only one stop which is located on the top part of the spring. Do you just pull the the spring back and turn it to release the head? Will this allow you to remove the blade?

Bob

Bob,

Instead of trying to release (and potentially bend) the spring, use the skewer method here in place of the blade injector tab. I had three different thicknesses and used the middle size - not too big, not too small. It worked for me. Good luck!

Dave

Top Bottom