What's new

Scentsitivity

Unscented is fine by me. I make a lot of soap for me and my friends, all of it very mildly scented (a few drops of fragrance oil per pound rather than half an ounce) and some of them are still too strong.

I made a lemon scented shave soap, and the scent faded away almost completely, and I'm fine with that. Not into strong smells of any kind, and certainly not before breakfast!

I do not, under any circumstances, want to smell shaving soap or aftershave of any kind after I'm done shaving -- the only drawback to Arko as far as I'm concerned is that it hangs around far too long after washing my face. Same scent, 1/10 the strength, would be perfect.

I got some, and I love it. The scent is dialed way back, so it just peeks out at you with different nuances that make it hard to pin down. Too many soaps' scents are like a tuba blast to the face (waves at MdC Vetiver). It's a great scent, subtle and complex and artful. The lather is really nice, too, easy to create and wonderfully slick. I'm an instant fan of this stuff.

I don't usually like menthol soaps (waves at Acqua di Parma), just too overwhelmingly frosty, but the menthol burn in this one was small and subtle, so I actually enjoyed it.

Thanks for a great recommendation
I got some, and I love it. The scent is dialed way back, so it just peeks out at you with different nuances that make it hard to pin down. Too many soaps' scents are like a tuba blast to the face (waves at MdC Vetiver). It's a great scent, subtle and complex and artful. The lather is really nice, too, easy to create and wonderfully slick. I'm an instant fan of this stuff.

I don't usually like menthol soaps (waves at Acqua di Parma), just too overwhelmingly frosty, but the menthol burn in this one was small and subtle, so I actually enjoyed it.

Thanks for a great recommendation.
It a nice luxury product that’s for sure. I like many things from SMN.

...Anyone else live in this strange world of larger-than-life scents? What soaps particularly grab your senses, in a good or bad way?
Ach Brito's Musgo and Coala-Alfa's Figaro Habzo. Near identical in scent, though only Musgo is readily available. A spicy, mossy scent with floral and woody undertones.
I tend to like most of my soaps lighter in scent but I do enjoy the soapy freshness of Ach. Brito Musgo.
The (subtle) eucalyptus, bergamot, patchouli, lavender, geranium, oakmoss and vetiver combo hits me just right.

RL Safari is the same mix of scents, just cranked up to the max. It's very odd, since I really dislike eucalyptus, patchouli, and vetiver when any of those three particular scents are too pronounced in a fragrance or soap.

Edit: I suspect that Claus Porto's Musgo Real (owned by the parent company of Ach. Brito) would be one of my favorites as well, and is on my short list of soaps to aquire in the near future.

Last edited:
My skin is flawless after shaving with the following products.
Mdc, any scents
Musgo real cream,
Aqua di parma. The absolute best is adp. Expensive,but a little goes a long way. Worth it .

Top Bottom