What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
$vetiver_1.jpg
Special thanks to Roberto Roberto for introducing to me
(Indirectly),to this very nice vetiver, Imho.

Route du Vetiver Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier for men

proxy.php
proxy.php

Style: Woody
Base Notes: 9 year-old wild-harvested Cambodian Oud oil from the Roneuam Doun Sam forest in Western Cambodi

This is Wholly Woody Week

I love this oil. Really nice, fruity Cambodi.
I really like this one too. I have used this a few times at home in the evenings to relax by putting a couple swabs on my wrist. Even though the sample only included .2ml of oil in a 1ml vial, the level doesn't even appear to have changed. Perhaps it is a magic vial and this .2ml is going to last forever. :001_tt2:

Last edited:
I really like this one too. I have used this a few times at home in the evenings to relax by putting a couple swabs on my wrist. Even though the sample only included .2ml of oil in a 1ml vial, the level doesn't even appear to have changed. Perhaps it is a magic vial and this .2ml is going to last forever. :001_tt2:

It's the oil that will last for 8 days & 8 nights. There should be a special holiday for that!

Oh wait...

Cuir Santalion
by Parfumerie Generale

Apparently there are a few extremely rare perfumes that Pierre Guillaume created exclusively for some of his friends. Cuir Santalion is one them, supposedly created for one of his best friends who wanted something exceptionally masculine. Also created back when I think Pierre was experimenting with some new high-quality synthetic materials. I wouldn't say CS fills those manly shoes as well as something like Nostalgia, Knize Ten, or Eau de Fier, but it's certainly an interesting fragrance built around leather and musk and worthy of some serious inspection. There's a strange "grape" note very similar to the one present in Cuir Venenum but it dissolves into something of a lavender with maybe some violets. On occasion I think I might be picking up some iris, some occasional tobacco (or maybe just vanilla, not sure), and something ever so slightly woody, which I suspect is sandalwood, given the name (Santalion --> Santalum), but isn't as creamy or ethereal as one would suspect unless of course it's perhaps a synthetic note. And in the background is a definite leather note and a good dose of animalia, probably a musk, that is reminiscent of some of the musks Pierre used in some of this other fragrances. It's not overly strong but paired with the leather note they are fantastic. The whole gives this a rather fuzzy lavender and funky leather feel. When I first apply this one I always ask myself why do I still have this around? The drydown is the answer. Marvelous.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Cuir Santalion
by Parfumerie Generale

Apparently there are a few extremely rare perfumes that Pierre Guillaume created exclusively for some of his friends. Cuir Santalion is one them, supposedly created for one of his best friends who wanted something exceptionally masculine. Also created back when I think Pierre was experimenting with some new high-quality synthetic materials. I wouldn't say CS fills those manly shoes as well as something like Nostalgia, Knize Ten, or Eau de Fier, but it's certainly an interesting fragrance built around leather and musk and worthy of some serious inspection. There's a strange "grape" note very similar to the one present in Cuir Venenum but it dissolves into something of a lavender with maybe some violets. On occasion I think I might be picking up some iris, some occasional tobacco (or maybe just vanilla, not sure), and something ever so slightly woody, which I suspect is sandalwood, given the name (Santalion --> Santalum), but isn't as creamy or ethereal as one would suspect unless of course it's perhaps a synthetic note. And in the background is a definite leather note and a good dose of animalia, probably a musk, that is reminiscent of some of the musks Pierre used in some of this other fragrances. It's not overly strong but paired with the leather note they are fantastic. The whole gives this a rather fuzzy lavender and funky leather feel. When I first apply this one I always ask myself why do I still have this around? The drydown is the answer. Marvelous.

proxy.php

Wow, I didn't know PG had his own private line. I should have guessed so considering how prolific he is. Dare I ask how you got these, not to mention how you learned about the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom