What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
La Via del Profumo
proxy.php

Tcharas

Mark Buxton Nameless

I love the opening, but then the scent pretty much disappears to me. Also got a spritz of Dior Leather Oud on the back of my hand - I'm not sure I like the opening, but after the opening it smells pretty much phenomenal. Potent too.

Oud Chypre
by Agar Aura

grapefruit, rose, cedar, patchouli, oak moss, Borneo oud, lignum vitae

Taha says that it's "perfect for people who ... have not yet become fully acquainted and comfortable with wearing oud on its own. The oud comes out slowly, so the wearer will not have to worry about the boldness of oud's opening note." Regardless, this is perhaps the most amazing chypre I've ever tried. In fact, this puts all other "leather chypres" to shame! The opening rose and grapefruit is stunning and the basic "chypre" middle notes are extraordinary, very woodsy and mossy, smelling almost like the inside of a very old chest. Finally, as the oud begins to show, I'm getting notes of leather, very rich, dark, supple leather. I wouldn't buy this because of the oud but because this completely pushes the boundaries of chypre construction.

proxy.php

Montale "Patchouli Leaves"--excellent patchouli notes overwhelmed by vanilla. And a vanilla closer to vanilla extract than say what is in, say, Caron PH or Lolita Lempicka, to my nose. A very close relative to Montale "Blue Amber," as I recall. I don't like it, because of the vanilla. Sort of gourmond, although it is hard for me to think of anything with patchouli being like "food." I like my patchoulis to be more "junglely"! But I know there are others that really like precisely this kind of vanilla note(s), and I completely respect that and Montale for putting this one together.

Montale "Patchouli Leaves"--excellent patchouli notes overwhelmed by vanilla. And a vanilla closer to vanilla extract than say what is in, say, Caron PH or Lolita Lempicka, to my nose. A very close relative to Montale "Blue Amber," as I recall. I don't like it, because of the vanilla. Sort of gourmond, although it is hard for me to think of anything with patchouli being like "food." I like my patchoulis to be more "junglely"! But I know there are others that really like precisely this kind of vanilla note(s), and I completely respect that and Montale for putting this one together.

I wasn't a big fan of this either for the same reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom