What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not tried any of the Xerjoff line, but I have always wanted to sample Xerjoff Nio and would love to hear your take one it.

Thanks! I'll update!

WOW, i've never enjoyed a neroli scent more. There is a big green note with a touch of heavy linden here, there is also (to my nose) lemon and a hefty dose of Bergamot. It's absolutely delectable - sweet and fresh and in no way cloying. I'm not sure of the base yet, but as the notes are moving into the heart, i'm getting a really pleasant laconic scent that supports the citrus.

this is a 9/10 - but generally for spring and summer exclusively in my humble opinion.

EDIT: as it begins to dry down, it's soapiness is a tad overpowering: 7.4/10

EDIT 2: Drydown now like the aftermath of a swim in a over chlorinated pool: 6.1/10

Last edited:
I just put it on not 10 minutes ago, first impression? ASTOUNDING. All comments not withstanding price, which to me is so high it takes a bit of the fun out of the enjoyment if I linger on it.

Right up top is slight citrus, I'm getting lemon and lime more than orange along with a very well done Birch Tar note. Birch tar to me is much more of a smoke scent than a leather scent, but even now a few minutes in, I'm getting the leather too, along with the smokey jam note of the Birch Tar. Birch Tar burns off pretty quick, so I am looking forward to how this will dry down. I'm hopeful it comes out more leathery.

All in all, this is better than Tauer's stuff and a rollercoaster of a scent. Using Birch Tar is a little like cheating because it's so incredibly potent on it's own, but this XJ Homme stuff is fascinating right out of the gate.

View attachment 294480

Homme is truly fantastic. I would surely have a bottle if it weren't so cost prohibitive.

That said, I actually prefer Lonestar Memories regardless of price!

I'm a sucker for birch tar...

i loved Oroville. It is the best tobacco fragrance I've tried. The chamomile is a standout. I have a sample of XJ Homme I've got to try.

Mike

outstanding! I hope you'll give it a go soon, if love to hear your thoughts.

Homme is truly fantastic. I would surely have a bottle if it weren't so cost prohibitive.

That said, I actually prefer Lonestar Memories regardless of price!

I'm a sucker for birch tar...

Top 5 birch tar frags?

Tim, I have a small package for you that is well over due! It's Embarrising!

proxy.php

John Varvatos today, just to be spiteful. A week ago my mom calling me:
Mum asks me if I know anything about "barbados."

!? What are you talking about, mom?

Varbados?

Varvatos?

Yeah, I smelled it for your dad and didn't like em.

JV is good, vintage is nice and boozy, artisan is the wife's favorite, and artisan black is a good evening scent but I don't know if you will like the anise/leather.

So tonight I went to the folks house wearing JV and she says I smell good what am I wearing.
Wry smile and a "John Varvatos."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom