What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wore Penhaligon's English Fern for the first time today, thanks to a very generous package sent to me by Ivan (Lamb Root). I am enjoying it very much, and trying to see where it fits among the fougeres I have experience with. I find it more "green" than Azzaro pH and Houbigant's Fougere Royale. Its opening notes are sharper, with a crisp lavender and geranium. The dry down is my favorite part, with a clean, soapy vibe to it. I picked today for it, as it is sunny and in the mid 50s here. It would seem to me to be a Spring or Fall type of scent. My only complaint is that it seems to wear close to the skin and have only moderate longevity. I look forward to trying all of the others that Ivan sent with it (It will take a while to get through them all), particularly XPEC and C&S Frankincense and Myrrh (I look forward to comparing it to the handful of incense fragrances I tried last year at this time. I'm curious at to how well it stands up to my favorites; Montale Full Incense and CdG Avignon).

Mike

proxy.php

Amouage Opus I: This is the second of the decants Ivan sent recently. It is sweet and opulent, with an opening of a very well blended jasmine and tuberose. Underneath lies a base of plum and just a hint of Amouage's sparkling frankincencse. Somehow, their frankincense is so much brighter than any other I've tried. There is nothing church-like about it. Like most Amouage fragrances , this is well made, high quality juice. It is listed as unisex, but may lean more feminine than masculine. I'd like to see how it smells on SWMBO.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom