What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oudhasi - Amber Oud Attar

proxy.php

Azzaro Pour Homme. I had never tried this before but became intrigued after reading about it in the "Ten must try fragrances" thread. It's an excellent aromatic fougere and a steal at less tha $20 a bottle.

Azzaro Pour Homme. I had never tried this before but became intrigued after reading about it in the "Ten must try fragrances" thread. It's an excellent aromatic fougere and a steal at less tha $20 a bottle.

Agree. It's one of my regulars.

For me today, Pinaud Classic Vanilla - garnered a rare complement from the Mrs. :thumbup:

I've been utterly astounded with this one, it's fantastic! Initially i'd like to say how simple it is, but i think the better term would be well blended, it really wears very well and surprisingly easily considering the smoke and leather. Im glad you mention Arson, i'd thought about the name and hadn't come to any conclusions. Contrasting what im hearing you say however, i do seem to be getting more leather than smoke.

What I love about Profumum fragrances is their simplicity. Check out anything they make, there are three, maybe five, notes. They ARE simple! That's what they do. But they take the highest quality ingredients and blend them so well that their fragrances are like luxury sport cars. When I where anything by Profumum, I always think of the clean lines of a fine italian sports car, especially vintage ones.

Le Labo Oud 27​
GF was really raving about this one this morning :blink:

It's Friday, after all!

Patou Divine Folie - "a party mood of exquisite madness"

This is actually my wife's but I borrow it from time to time. It's one of those fragrances that I buy for her because I like them. It's not her favorite, though. She prefers the more elegantly and more feminine florals as opposed to this heady amber from Patou. She does wear it, though. It has the same "classic" feel as the other Patou's I've worn this week but where l'Heure Attendue dries to a sandalwood and Normandie dries to a patchouli, this dries to an amber. The overall smell has two faces. Outwardly it's a flamboyant bubbly aldehydic floral but underneath there is something dark and brooding. It's as if to say Beware, what you see is not really what you'll get, or, "Be careful his bowtie is really a camera."

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom