What's new

Scalpmaster soap at Sally's Beauty

anyone took a chance on this? I didn't have high hopes so I did not spin the wheel on it this time.. :001_rolle

$IMG_1953.jpg

worst i have ever used. ended up throwing it in the trash, and i am a williams mug soap user.
I've found some pretty horrid examples from some craft show soap makers who thought they would "try out" making some shaving soap.. They need to leave that to the experts. It's a whole different level than your bath soaps..

I saw these and decided to throw my money towards some proven favorites instead. I didn't have much faith that it would be good.

I'd never heard of this one before. Just did a quick search and see it's Made in China & the ingredients are: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Aqua, Parfum, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide, Tetrasadium EDTA, Etidronic Acid

There are better options out there, so I'll pass on this one.

I was recently given a puck of this so today I decided to give it a try. I soaked it in hot water while I showered and afterwards managed to whip up a decent amount of lather. I applied it to my face and waited a minute as is my usual routine. When I got ready to shave I looked in the mirror and wondered where the lather went! I applied more but it didn't get much better. I'm glad to hear that Williams is better since I do want to try that one.

anyone took a chance on this? I didn't have high hopes so I did not spin the wheel on it this time.. :001_rolle

View attachment 720398

This was the worst soap I've ever tried. I tossed it after one shave, as it irritated my skin. Disappearing lather, no slickness or cushioning.

And yes, Saxonbowman, Williams is a quantum leap better. Just check out Vez's tutorial on it first. Williams is very thirsty. Let it bathe for a while before you use it for the first time.

This was the worst soap I've ever tried. I tossed it after one shave, as it irritated my skin. Disappearing lather, no slickness or cushioning.

And yes, Saxonbowman, Williams is a quantum leap better. Just check out Vez's tutorial on it first. Williams is very thirsty. Let it bathe for a while before you use it for the first time.

Williams is definitely on my list to try. I used the old stuff back before the formula change. That was decades ago.

I talked myself into buying Scalpmaster, it is on clearance here at $2.09, and my curiosity got the better of me.
I did what I do with Williams, which is leave hot water on the puck for "a while", then go at it with a wrung out brush that was also pre-soaked. I actually got it to lather up nicely and the lather to stay.
That said, it doesn't smell very good so I'm expecting to grate it and soak in Aqua Velva Original Sport.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
So; giving it the "Willy treatment," eh?

Instead of "Blue Willy," what- "Blue Scalpie?":c5:

Still think "Scalpmaster" has horrible historical connotations. :a24:

Soak the shredded puck in Ghost Town Barber and you'll have ...? :kyle1:

AA

Top Bottom