What's new

Saying Hello

Hi All, I'm Gabor, and I was reading this site for a few weeks before I decided to sign up.
After more than a decade I was a bearded man but in the last few months I was toying with the idea to get rid of that and go back to wetshaving, where I started when I was a teen. In the pre-beard years I was playing the cartridge game with canned foam and never enjoyed shaving, hence the beard. Now I jumped the gun and walked in a nearby shaving store (yet another rabbit hole, eh?) and purchased a razor. (EJ DE89L) In the last few weeks I am relearning the wetshaving process and during this time I have acquired a synthetic brus, soaps and a bnig selection of blades to get on the mission to find what's best for me.

The main thing, I started to enjoy whipping up lather, getting feedback from an alum block and working on my shaving techniqe - and having a dedicated "me time". I'm not quite there yet, but improving with every shave. (my only disappointment so far that somehow, under the gentle foliage of my beard, a second chin started to show up unnoticed... but hey, nobody's perfect and life is not a beauty contest, right?)

Thanks for the wiki, I studied it and will do further and thanks for all the info you shared here, heaps of help for a newbie, like me.

(and yes, I bought an ARKO stick, just for the sake of it!)

cheers, G

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Welcome to, as Marco put it, the finest community of gentlemen on the web. Maybe you could go as far as to say, welcome to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. But, then there is @FarmerTan

:c1:
Be careful, or I may smite you. I have recently received a Lordship in Scotland! No idea how much it cost my nephews, but it is priceless to me. I'm havin' stationary made up.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Welcome @Gabor !

This WAS a fine place, me and @Marco setting a good example for all who followed, then my friend @TexOkie Shaver had to show up and lower the standards the rest of us have fought so hard to maintain!

Edit: you can stop buying soap: the verdict is in. 4 out of 5 Turkish Barbers recommend "Arko" for their clients that have faces!

True story doggone!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
1628984547549.gif

Thanks for all of you for the warm welcome. I guess I am sensing some lurking tension around (or caused by) certain members :)

After going through several pages, reviews and opinions I bought the Arko just to see what's the reason of all the fizz. Can't say I know now, but we'll see eventually. The product is khm, polarizing to say the least. All I can say, the smell is not offputting for me.
I won't use it today anyways, today the white proraso and I will spend some quality time together. (or shred my face to bits, it's still a gamble)

Top Bottom