What's new

Saving money...?

Yeah Kai are on the high end as far as de blades go my next favorite are Blue Birds and they are about half the put e of a Kai.
I've only tried 3 or 4 other blades though. I guess I need to branch out.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I’v tried other blades but not (yet) Blue birds and others.
For me with my Merkur 38c my list is:
1- Gillette Nacet, Kai and Bolzano
2- Feather, Vorskod*, BIC, Crystal, Gillette stainless (blue)
3- (no worthy) Derby Extra, Wilkinson

Merkur 39c (Slant)

1- Kai, Feather, Bolzano
2- Vorskod*

* that blade is a all runner. It’s wonderful to start DE shaving with Vorskod because it’s smooth (Kai also) and sharp. But for a closer experience I prefer Kai Bolzano and Feather

Bolzano is also a very impressive blade!! Cuts very well and last a lot. Very good
Now that’s my very subjective experience. I now ppl how just love Derby and I find them inconsistent and very bad overall.
I have 7oclock, Derby premium, Astra etc still in the box. But since I’m shaving with the Feather ss razor I didn’t had the opportunity
Best regards

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

I’v tried other blades but not (yet) Blue birds and others.
For me with my Merkur 38c my list is:
1- Gillette Nacet, Kai and Bolzano
2- Feather, Vorskod*, BIC, Crystal, Gillette stainless (blue)
3- (no worthy) Derby Extra, Wilkinson

Merkur 39c (Slant)

1- Kai, Feather, Bolzano
2- Vorskod*

* that blade is a all runner. It’s wonderful to start DE shaving with Vorskod because it’s smooth (Kai also) and sharp. But for a closer experience I prefer Kai Bolzano and Feather

Bolzano is also a very impressive blade!! Cuts very well and last a lot. Very good
Now that’s my very subjective experience. I now ppl how just love Derby and I find them inconsistent and very bad overall.
I have 7oclock, Derby premium, Astra etc still in the box. But since I’m shaving with the Feather ss razor I didn’t had the opportunity
Best regards

I guess I've tried more than I remembered.
I have tried Merkur, Wilkinson, Feather and Derby. When I first started de shaving I loved Derby blades but then found them very inconsistent. It hepled to cork them but only slightly.
I will have to order some of those Vorskod and Bolzona to try out.

I guess I've tried more than I remembered.
I have tried Merkur, Wilkinson, Feather and Derby. When I first started de shaving I loved Derby blades but then found them very inconsistent. It hepled to cork them but only slightly.
I will have to order some of those Vorskod and Bolzona to try out.

Oh yes Merkur too. Reasonable blade but won’t buy it again.

Please from my past very bad experience tell her everything!!! If she is a good wife she will understand your likes.
One very very important thing is to set a monthly budget and everything should be good.
WS can be expensive but also a nice experience.
One word BUDGET!!!

At this point in my life, I couldn't care less if it saves money or not. If I am going to spend several thousand hours staring at my mug in the mirror over my lifetime, I might as well have some fun while doing it!

I scored a nice condition Gillette $1.98 "Fat Boy" at an antique shop this week for $10. It is fun to hunt for these treasures.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
At this point in my life, I couldn't care less if it saves money or not. If I am going to spend several thousand hours staring at my mug in the mirror over my lifetime, I might as well have some fun while doing it!

I scored a nice condition Gillette $1.98 "Fat Boy" at an antique shop this week for $10. It is fun to hunt for these treasures.
Excellent !

I mostly find ugly used and abused Slims labeled Fatboys and marked at $30.

Had a fun conversation through text with my wife and figured this would be a good place to share it.

Screenshot_2019-02-19-09-34-48~2.png
Screenshot_2019-02-19-09-35-01~2.png
Screenshot_2019-02-19-09-35-29~2.png

And here is the pic in the text so you can see it better.

FB_IMG_1536507302160.jpg

If you buy expensive but in low quantity no one will think of you as a mental patient. You get a $350 razor, $350 brush, $60 soap, $350 cologne, $80 balm, 200 pack of Feather blades, then you're a guy with good taste who treats himself.

Spend the same $1200 on buckets of razors, blades, brushes, stands, soaps, bowls, scuttles, building storage infrastructure in your bathroom, fedex guy bringing you packages weekly only to hide them in random places, spending hours daily scrolling online shops and auctions... then it will worry your partner. It should.

If you buy expensive but in low quantity no one will think of you as a mental patient. You get a $350 razor, $350 brush, $60 soap, $350 cologne, $80 balm, 200 pack of Feather blades, then you're a guy with good taste who treats himself.

Spend the same $1200 on buckets of razors, blades, brushes, stands, soaps, bowls, scuttles, building storage infrastructure in your bathroom, fedex guy bringing you packages weekly only to hide them in random places, spending hours daily scrolling online shops and auctions... then it will worry your partner. It should.
I haven't gone that far yet. Except the scrolling online shops and this site.
But in my 10 to 12 years wet shaving I'm pretty sure I'm around $350 to $400 total.

I think I've convinced my husband that I'm saving money by making my own pottery. Now I just need to make sure he never finds out what I'm using those savings for:
  • A potters wheel...or three...or ten...
  • Different clays to reflect my mood and visual sensitivities
  • A mini potters wheel to use when I'm traveling. Or just because.
  • Different colourings which will give me the best finishes.
  • Suitable clothing for making pottery.
  • Brushes of various types to apply colourings
  • A 6 month training course to enhance my skills
  • Vintage chair and desk to use when I'm doing artisan work
  • Display cases to show off everything...in the living room, which he has expressly forbidden, because who wants to see a lot of artisan pottery?
What am I forgetting that I need to put on the list and not tell him about?
NICE! :letterk1:

I thought it was really funny that texting her the picture of my beard after six months growth, and saying I could go back to growing it out again ended the discussion in my favor, in less than a minute.

Top Bottom