What's new

Saving money

If it improves your skin, not to mention the positive feeling that a good shave offers, then I would consider it a medical expense rather than a luxury, so we needn't feel guilty about the money we spend. Just don't try to hand over the co-pay and your insurance card when you make a large purchase of expensive wetshaving gear.

I started wetshaving to help with my ingrown hair problems and to save a little cash along the way. Face is in much better shape but I dropped enough money to keep a fusion cutting for two years today. Ssad's

Saving money is the cake of wet shaving.:thumbup:

And the cake is a lie:lol:

Absolutely true. Then again, I never looked forward to a shave before starting my wetshave odyssey. I consider that money in my pocket. :001_smile

+1. It's not necessarily about the money if you're enjoying it. Shaving is now a hobby of mine. I have no problem spending some disposable income on a hobby, and I don't feel a particular need to justify those expenditures, because I'm paying for fun!

Save money? I just told my wife that I was starting a new business and that we're going to carry, razors, brushes, soaps, creams, after shaves, colognes and possibly pens, knives and pipes too.

And that I'll have to sample EVERYTHING to determine what lines, and not to panic because most small businesses don't turn a profit for at least 3yrs. I now have 3yrs to sample and try everything I want, lol :)

Gentlemen, good luck with your businesses too...*wink, wink*

My daughter's fiance is the only one I know who has saved money wetshaving. He's been wetshaving close to 3 years. In that time he has only bought 1 DE (Merkur HD); one type of blade (Feathers), one cheap brush until I gifted him a Rooney two Christmas's ago, and he buys one tub of cream at a time and uses it until it's finished. He was using TOBS until I gave him a tub of Vintage Blades cream. Now his favorite cream is VB Sandalwood. I give him some of the samples I get, but it hasn't tempted him to buy others. He never used a soap so I gave him some Cella last week. He liked the scent, but I don't know if he'll use it. I wonder if the fact that he is not a B&B member and doesn't visit this site has anything to do with it.

If she's also a saver/non-spender they could amass a small fortune over time. I've known a few couples like this and they quit working when in their 40s. It helps when they get great stuff from their dad/father-in-law. :thumbup:

My daughter's fiance is the only one I know who has saved money wetshaving. He's been wetshaving close to 3 years. In that time he has only bought 1 DE (Merkur HD); one type of blade (Feathers), one cheap brush until I gifted him a Rooney two Christmas's ago, and he buys one tub of cream at a time and uses it until it's finished. He was using TOBS until I gave him a tub of Vintage Blades cream. Now his favorite cream is VB Sandalwood. I give him some of the samples I get, but it hasn't tempted him to buy others. He never used a soap so I gave him some Cella last week. He liked the scent, but I don't know if he'll use it. I wonder if the fact that he is not a B&B member and doesn't visit this site has anything to do with it.

I can tell you that I wetshaved for close to a year with no acquisitions because I was blissfully ignorant of B&B. Lurked, read some stickies, and left. I was a wise man once...

You were free to experiment with all sorts of expensive products before the DE - you just CHOSE to use a single can of foam then and you CHOSE to start buying products like crazy now.

Top Bottom