What's new

Saponificio Varesino Wooden Shaving Bowl

Hi,
I'm looking to get some information on the Saponificio Verasino wooden shaving bowl. I'm very confused as to what it's funcationality should be. I have so many questions:

1. Is it strictly a decorative bowl to store the puck while not in use?
2. If the plastic container is used with the puck inside the bowl while lathering, will the puck swirl around? I would find this to be extremely annoying and would not want to deal with that.
3. If the plastic container is not used, and you do lather with the wooden bowl, will water ruin the bowl? Will the puck swirl around on the wood?

Thank you all for your help. Here is the product I'm talking about: http://www.saponificiovaresino.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=90

The bowl is made from Alder wood. Alder wood is used to prop up buildings in Venice. I've had my SV Dolomiti for months. Lather it in the wood bowl with no issues. I wouldn't worry about it.

I think the intention is to keep the puck in the plastic and store it in the wooden bowl. Take it out and lather it in the plastic container. Most wooden bowls don't seem to like being lathered in--based on my experience with Crabtree and Evelyn soaps. I think your number 1 is the way it is intended.

BTW, Saponificio Varesino is probably one of the best soaps you can buy, and is superb for the price.

The plastic cup the soap comes in is just packaging, it isn't intended to be used as a lather bowl. The wooden bowl is very nice, and of a type of wood that can withstand its use as a lather and storage bowl.
Take the soap out of the plastic packaging and press it into the bottom of the bowl. It will stay there just fine.

Great soaps... great lather.

I have all 3 soaps in the alder wood bowls. No issue whatsoever lathering the soaps inside the plastic sleeve slid into the bowl. No puck swirling, no damage to the bowl from water exposure at all. I believe if you look on the SV website, their recommendation is to keep the soap inside the plastic and insert it in the bowl and use as is. Just my experience.

I have all 3 soaps in the alder wood bowls. No issue whatsoever lathering the soaps inside the plastic sleeve slid into the bowl. No puck swirling, no damage to the bowl from water exposure at all. I believe if you look on the SV website, their recommendation is to keep the soap inside the plastic and insert it in the bowl and use as is. Just my experience.

+1

Warnings and Profiles.
- The bowl should be used only with the appropriate trays in PET
- After use, rinse and let dry naturally, away from heat sources
- Do not immerse in water
- The compartment PET, after being dried, must be placed in its cardboard box

Last edited by a moderator:
20220505_170908.jpg

Ok but the black dress ?

Top Bottom