What's new

Same soap all the time

I stopped chasing the latest/greatest soaps a couple of years ago when I realized always looking for something new was preventing me from enjoying those soaps I really like! In the past year I've only bought 2 soaps--a replenishment of one of my favorites, and a small Pinaud Clubman soap I stumbled across in the wild (some women's hair care/makeup type store my wife took me too had a small table of Pinaud shaving stuff for men and I couldn't resist).

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
From May.2017 to Apr.2019, I used a single block of soap, my P.160 Tipo Morbido. It was awesome and I never tired of it. I'm currently about 5 1/2 months in on a puck of Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime. I have been 3017ing my soaps/creams since late 2012.

Maybe because I've a poor sense of smell, I find most soaps loose their scent suited soon after first use. I have 2 now, a cream and hard puck. Also, most decent soaps produce excellent lather.
There's one exception for me and that's The wonderful range by Meißner which is not now sold by UK sellers. Scents are distinctive and do hit me. Maybe I'll hunt these down .

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I rarely use the same soap twice in a row unless I am traveling. I would never thing of using the same soap every day at home.

Nah
The longest I typically use a single soap is 4 weeks on holiday out of practicality. Though I could bring some minis instead.

Ok and arko august came pretty close in going over that because that single centimeter of arko lasted 3 weeks and would have reached a month with a synthetic brush.

But do whatever floats your boat!

I used Stirling Duke for a fortnight regularly trying to 3017 it but failed, then Arko for a month in August.

For me, using one soap daily for an extended period is the fastest way of turning an enjoyable experience into something I'll abhor and that is not a good thing, especially since I have a heap of soaps to go through.

I used to look forward to Arko soap, for its generic and no-fuss lathering experience but after using it for a month has turned down my interest in it substantially.

I congratulate those who go by one soap daily for extended periods, it's not my cup of tea and I'm glad for it.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I could probably do that, but I've accumulated about 30 soaps searching for what I really liked the most. Now, all those soaps have to be used up. That will take awhile.
I feel your pain, slowly working my way down from 27

for me it depends. I will never keep anymore than 3 of anything at any given time but that is simply my maximum limit. Doesn't mean I always have 3. For now I do a weekly rotation. Change the razor, get a fresh blade, change soap or cream, different AS and now I have a new brush so I can change that too. For a long time all I used was the same thing everyday. Nothing wrong with it but I like the variety nowadays.

Reactions: bjm
I have a lot of soaps. I could count them, but then I'd feel bad all over again. Do fifteen sticks of Arko count as one soap or fifteen?

I like the weekly rotation of a different razor/blade/soap/brush setup, but I've recently started using one soap for the month because I really wanted to see more of a noticeable reduction in the soap stash from month to month.

My current goal is to knock out at least four pucks a year. Even then I'm looking at a decade or more before I need to worry about what to buy next.

Given a chance to do it over, a few good soaps on hand for variety would be the way to go. One really good one for consistency would work for me just as well.

Last edited:
I used to use TABAC about 85% of the time. Used it up and have worked my way down to five or six soaps and a can of cream. Enjoying the variety more than I thought I would and I'm not having TABAC withdrawal symptoms.

Top Bottom